Star Wars 7 Casting News: Christina Chong in a Minor Role
By Sachin Trivedi | July 18, 2014 6:54 PM EST
A new cast member will be joining the cast of upcoming "Star Wars 7" movie. Christina Chong will reportedly be paying a small role in the upcoming movie. The movie has begun filming and will be released in December 2015.
A person wearing a costume of the Darth Vader character from the Star Wars movies is pictured in Hollywood, California July 2, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
The actual roles of many of the actors in "Star Wars 7" have not been revealed. According to a report by Variety, Christina Chong will be playing a minor role in the movie. The actress has played a role in multiple TV series and movies.
Christina Chong is a British actress born in Enfield, Londdon, England. She has played a role in movies like "Johnny English Reborn" and was recently seen in the popular TV series "24: Live Another Day." She will also be playing a role in the upcoming movie "Stuck."
"Star Wars 7" will be bringing back some of the cast members from the original trilogy. The returning cast members include Harrison Ford as Han Solo, Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker and Carrie Fisher as Leia Solo. The returning characters include Chewbacca, played by Peter Mayhew, and the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO.
The other cast members of "Star Wars 7" include Andy Serkis, Gwendoline Christie, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong'o, Crystal Clarke, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Max Von Sydow, Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels and John Boyega.
The movie is being directed by J.J. Abrams, known for movies like "Star Trek Into Darkness." The production will be going for a 2-week hiatus in August following a leg injury of Harrison Ford. The actor is reportedly getting better and is expected to report back to the sets soon.
The plot details and the villain in "Star Wars 7" have not yet been released. The possible villains in the movie include a new Sith Lord, Sith witches and Mandalorian warriors. The fate of the empire was not known in episode 4 after the death of Palpatine.
"Star Wars 7" will be released on Dec 18, 2015 in Australia, the U.S, the UK, Canada and New Zealand. The movie is one of the most highly anticipated by the fans of the franchise and expectations are high.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon