Avengers 2: Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye Team Up, Quicksilver Not a Mutant and The New Avengers Tower
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 5:53 PM EST
A few more spoilers for the much-anticipated "Avengers" sequel, "Avengers: Age of Ultron," has surfaced on the Internet. These spoilers were previously leaked and were simply rumours. Now, Kevin Feige himself has confirmed and even added more details to add to the hype the movie has been recently getting.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
Below are comparisons from previous leaked spoilers from IBTimes and to what Radio Times and IGN have revealed based on Kevin Feige's Q&A in London for "Guardians of the Galaxy." The producer also provided a 2-minute clip of "Avengers 2."
Opening scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" takes off after the end-credits of "Captain America: Winter Soldier." Fans got a glimpse of the twins Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver who were locked up in a cell in Von Strucker's Hydra outpost. The first 20 minutes of the movie will allegedly show the Avengers fighting Strucker and the twins. Scarlet Witch was reported to have cast a spell on the dead Leviathan (which Strucker had) to trick Hulk to thinking that it's still alive. The Avengers eventually won. They captured the twins and celebrated in Stark's Tower.
S.H.I.E.L.D. is no longer the Earth's defense in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." It was disbanded at the end of the "Winter Soldier." Thus, Stark's Tower now becomes the Avengers' new headquarters, called the new Avengers Tower. It has been rebuilt since it was badly damaged in the last movie when Hulk fought Loki and the Chituari.
Kevin Feige said the tower was designed by Tony Stark himself with multiple spacious living rooms for parties and social gatherings. According to Radio Times, the tower also features floor-to-ceiling windows and twin laboratories for Stark and Bruce Banner (Hulk). A new hangar for an improved Quinjet is also built.
"It's a primary location in the film this time around," Feige said.
As mentioned above, previous rumours has it that the first scenes in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will show Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver fighting against the Avengers. However, based on the 2-minute clip, Scarlet Witch became an ally. She is seen fighting alongside Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) on a ruined street in Italy. This scene somehow relates to the leaked video footage below, previously reported by IBTimes to have also been filmed in Italy.
Meanwhile, due to the conflict between the two Quicksilver characters in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," filmmakers have decided to make Avengers' Quicksilver different. Aaron Taylor-Johnson will not be a mutant this time. Although both have white hair and the capability to move in lighting speed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales