$1 Million Per Episode – Stars of Big Bang Theory Looking for a Big Pay Increase
By Sachin Trivedi | July 18, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Stars of the popular TV show "Big Bang Theory" are reportedly working together to negotiate a higher pay package. The future of the show hangs in the balance as the stars have not yet signed a contract with the producers.
Actor Jim Parsons poses with the Best Actor in a Comedy Series for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"Big Bang Theory" is a highly successful comedy series that made its debut in Sept 2007. The show has completed seven seasons and the eight season is expected to premiere in Sept 2014. The show is based mainly on five friends - Leonard Hofstadter, Sheldon Cooper, Howard Wolowitz, Raj Koothrappali and Penny.
"Big Bang Theory" recently got renewed for another three seasons, taking the total number of seasons to 10. According to a report by The Hollywood Reporter, the five stars of the show do not yet have a contract for the filming of the next season.
According to the report - Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco currently earn $325, 000 per episode and are looking to increase the figure to $1 million per episode. The actors play the roles of Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter and Penny respectively.
The $1 million figure is similar to the pay received by the star cast members of the popular "Friends" TV series. The show was also a comedy based on a group of friends who live together in New York City.
The other cast members Mayim Bialik and Mellissa Raunch have reportedly signed their contracts. Both the actresses have been nominated for many prestigious awards. Both will reportedly get an undisclosed raise in their pay.
The nominations for Mayim Bialik include Primetime Emmy Awards nomination for 2012, 2013 and 2014. The nominations for Mellissa Raunch include Critics Choice Television Awards and People's Choice Awards.
Jim Parsons has won a Golden Globe award and won the Primetime Emmy Awards on multiple occasions. Johnny Galecki was nominated for the Golden Globes in 2012 and the Prime Time Emmy award in 2011. Kaley Cuoco won the Critics Choice Television Award in 2013 and People's Choice Awards in 2014.
The filming of the next season of "Big Bang Theory" is supposed to begin by end of July. Fans are worried that with no breakthrough in the negotiations on the pay increase the production schedule may get affected.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report