$1 Million Per Episode – Stars of Big Bang Theory Looking for a Big Pay Increase
By Sachin Trivedi | July 18, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Stars of the popular TV show "Big Bang Theory" are reportedly working together to negotiate a higher pay package. The future of the show hangs in the balance as the stars have not yet signed a contract with the producers.
Actor Jim Parsons poses with the Best Actor in a Comedy Series for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"Big Bang Theory" is a highly successful comedy series that made its debut in Sept 2007. The show has completed seven seasons and the eight season is expected to premiere in Sept 2014. The show is based mainly on five friends - Leonard Hofstadter, Sheldon Cooper, Howard Wolowitz, Raj Koothrappali and Penny.
"Big Bang Theory" recently got renewed for another three seasons, taking the total number of seasons to 10. According to a report by The Hollywood Reporter, the five stars of the show do not yet have a contract for the filming of the next season.
According to the report - Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco currently earn $325, 000 per episode and are looking to increase the figure to $1 million per episode. The actors play the roles of Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter and Penny respectively.
The $1 million figure is similar to the pay received by the star cast members of the popular "Friends" TV series. The show was also a comedy based on a group of friends who live together in New York City.
The other cast members Mayim Bialik and Mellissa Raunch have reportedly signed their contracts. Both the actresses have been nominated for many prestigious awards. Both will reportedly get an undisclosed raise in their pay.
The nominations for Mayim Bialik include Primetime Emmy Awards nomination for 2012, 2013 and 2014. The nominations for Mellissa Raunch include Critics Choice Television Awards and People's Choice Awards.
Jim Parsons has won a Golden Globe award and won the Primetime Emmy Awards on multiple occasions. Johnny Galecki was nominated for the Golden Globes in 2012 and the Prime Time Emmy award in 2011. Kaley Cuoco won the Critics Choice Television Award in 2013 and People's Choice Awards in 2014.
The filming of the next season of "Big Bang Theory" is supposed to begin by end of July. Fans are worried that with no breakthrough in the negotiations on the pay increase the production schedule may get affected.
More Articles to Read
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand [Read]
'Saddest Bear on Earth' Slowly Going Insane in Zoo [Read]
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate