Fantastic Four Filming Surprises: Movie Storyline Changes, 'Invisible Woman' Reveals Details
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 3:48 PM EST
"Fantastic Four" fans may not like the recent news to the development of the production of the reboot. Call it accidental, but one of the movie's casts has revealed some surprising details regarding the movie, especially on the part where the story is not based on the original comicbook.
One of the casts who will portray Sue Storm aka the "Invisible Woman" openly shared some filming details of the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
Using Google Translate, Comicbookmovie reported that during an interview for the July 14 issue of Esquire Mexico, Kate Mara from TV's "House of Cards" was asked about "Fantastic Four" and the preparations she had to do for her role. When asked if she had to read the comic book, her answer was a downright no. Why? Because the movie director, Josh Trank, had said it's not necessary.
"He told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything published," she revealed.
She also said that she's "never been a fun of comics," although she claimed she initially wanted to read "Fantastic Four" to get some knowledge on her character.
Adding to these revelations is Kate saying that "Fantastic Four" is "trying to create a new way of seeing" the superheroes. Apparently, the movie is certainly gearing on a different take on the classic superhero story. Casting itself has changed. "Human Torch" who is originally white will be portrayed in the reboot by Michael B. Jordan ("That Awkward Moment") who is black.
"The movie has great actors like Michael B. Jordan (who will be the Human Torch)," Kate Mara said.
Now that fans know the story won't revolve around the comics, Screenrant hinted that "Fantastic Four" is now definitely under a lot of scrutiny.
Kate Mara also revealed that she does not feel any responsibility towards her role as "Invisible Woman" compared to other roles she had portrayed.
"I understand that there are many fans of the Fantastic Four and I guess they expect a lot from me, but I prefer not to be pressured by that. I'm focusing on making her (Susan Storm) as real as possible," she said.
In any case, she also shared her excitement at having to portray "Invisible Woman" in the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
"I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this," she said.
Production of the movie seems to be done quietly. Co-writers Simon Kinberg (who also changed the storyline in "X-Men: Days of Future Past") and T.S. Nowlin have so far been tight-lipped on matters pertaining to the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report