Fantastic Four Filming Surprises: Movie Storyline Changes, 'Invisible Woman' Reveals Details
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 3:48 PM EST
"Fantastic Four" fans may not like the recent news to the development of the production of the reboot. Call it accidental, but one of the movie's casts has revealed some surprising details regarding the movie, especially on the part where the story is not based on the original comicbook.
One of the casts who will portray Sue Storm aka the "Invisible Woman" openly shared some filming details of the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
Using Google Translate, Comicbookmovie reported that during an interview for the July 14 issue of Esquire Mexico, Kate Mara from TV's "House of Cards" was asked about "Fantastic Four" and the preparations she had to do for her role. When asked if she had to read the comic book, her answer was a downright no. Why? Because the movie director, Josh Trank, had said it's not necessary.
"He told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything published," she revealed.
She also said that she's "never been a fun of comics," although she claimed she initially wanted to read "Fantastic Four" to get some knowledge on her character.
Adding to these revelations is Kate saying that "Fantastic Four" is "trying to create a new way of seeing" the superheroes. Apparently, the movie is certainly gearing on a different take on the classic superhero story. Casting itself has changed. "Human Torch" who is originally white will be portrayed in the reboot by Michael B. Jordan ("That Awkward Moment") who is black.
"The movie has great actors like Michael B. Jordan (who will be the Human Torch)," Kate Mara said.
Now that fans know the story won't revolve around the comics, Screenrant hinted that "Fantastic Four" is now definitely under a lot of scrutiny.
Kate Mara also revealed that she does not feel any responsibility towards her role as "Invisible Woman" compared to other roles she had portrayed.
"I understand that there are many fans of the Fantastic Four and I guess they expect a lot from me, but I prefer not to be pressured by that. I'm focusing on making her (Susan Storm) as real as possible," she said.
In any case, she also shared her excitement at having to portray "Invisible Woman" in the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
"I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this," she said.
Production of the movie seems to be done quietly. Co-writers Simon Kinberg (who also changed the storyline in "X-Men: Days of Future Past") and T.S. Nowlin have so far been tight-lipped on matters pertaining to the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display