Fantastic Four Filming Surprises: Movie Storyline Changes, 'Invisible Woman' Reveals Details
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 3:48 PM EST
"Fantastic Four" fans may not like the recent news to the development of the production of the reboot. Call it accidental, but one of the movie's casts has revealed some surprising details regarding the movie, especially on the part where the story is not based on the original comicbook.
One of the casts who will portray Sue Storm aka the "Invisible Woman" openly shared some filming details of the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
Using Google Translate, Comicbookmovie reported that during an interview for the July 14 issue of Esquire Mexico, Kate Mara from TV's "House of Cards" was asked about "Fantastic Four" and the preparations she had to do for her role. When asked if she had to read the comic book, her answer was a downright no. Why? Because the movie director, Josh Trank, had said it's not necessary.
"He told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything published," she revealed.
She also said that she's "never been a fun of comics," although she claimed she initially wanted to read "Fantastic Four" to get some knowledge on her character.
Adding to these revelations is Kate saying that "Fantastic Four" is "trying to create a new way of seeing" the superheroes. Apparently, the movie is certainly gearing on a different take on the classic superhero story. Casting itself has changed. "Human Torch" who is originally white will be portrayed in the reboot by Michael B. Jordan ("That Awkward Moment") who is black.
"The movie has great actors like Michael B. Jordan (who will be the Human Torch)," Kate Mara said.
Now that fans know the story won't revolve around the comics, Screenrant hinted that "Fantastic Four" is now definitely under a lot of scrutiny.
Kate Mara also revealed that she does not feel any responsibility towards her role as "Invisible Woman" compared to other roles she had portrayed.
"I understand that there are many fans of the Fantastic Four and I guess they expect a lot from me, but I prefer not to be pressured by that. I'm focusing on making her (Susan Storm) as real as possible," she said.
In any case, she also shared her excitement at having to portray "Invisible Woman" in the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
"I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this," she said.
Production of the movie seems to be done quietly. Co-writers Simon Kinberg (who also changed the storyline in "X-Men: Days of Future Past") and T.S. Nowlin have so far been tight-lipped on matters pertaining to the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys