Fantastic Four Filming Surprises: Movie Storyline Changes, 'Invisible Woman' Reveals Details
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 3:48 PM EST
"Fantastic Four" fans may not like the recent news to the development of the production of the reboot. Call it accidental, but one of the movie's casts has revealed some surprising details regarding the movie, especially on the part where the story is not based on the original comicbook.
One of the casts who will portray Sue Storm aka the "Invisible Woman" openly shared some filming details of the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
Using Google Translate, Comicbookmovie reported that during an interview for the July 14 issue of Esquire Mexico, Kate Mara from TV's "House of Cards" was asked about "Fantastic Four" and the preparations she had to do for her role. When asked if she had to read the comic book, her answer was a downright no. Why? Because the movie director, Josh Trank, had said it's not necessary.
"He told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything published," she revealed.
She also said that she's "never been a fun of comics," although she claimed she initially wanted to read "Fantastic Four" to get some knowledge on her character.
Adding to these revelations is Kate saying that "Fantastic Four" is "trying to create a new way of seeing" the superheroes. Apparently, the movie is certainly gearing on a different take on the classic superhero story. Casting itself has changed. "Human Torch" who is originally white will be portrayed in the reboot by Michael B. Jordan ("That Awkward Moment") who is black.
"The movie has great actors like Michael B. Jordan (who will be the Human Torch)," Kate Mara said.
Now that fans know the story won't revolve around the comics, Screenrant hinted that "Fantastic Four" is now definitely under a lot of scrutiny.
Kate Mara also revealed that she does not feel any responsibility towards her role as "Invisible Woman" compared to other roles she had portrayed.
"I understand that there are many fans of the Fantastic Four and I guess they expect a lot from me, but I prefer not to be pressured by that. I'm focusing on making her (Susan Storm) as real as possible," she said.
In any case, she also shared her excitement at having to portray "Invisible Woman" in the "Fantastic Four" reboot.
"I am a fan of comic book movies, so it's very exciting to be part of a movie like this," she said.
Production of the movie seems to be done quietly. Co-writers Simon Kinberg (who also changed the storyline in "X-Men: Days of Future Past") and T.S. Nowlin have so far been tight-lipped on matters pertaining to the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet