Google Glass Latest Updates—A Demo Test for Glass
By Karen Wong | July 18, 2014 3:23 PM EST
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels, May 30, 2014. Google has taken the first steps to meet a European ruling that citizens can have objectionable links removed from Internet search results, a ruling that pleased privacy campaigners but raised fears that the right can be abused to hide negative information.
Wednesday this week, potential buyers received an e-mail stating free demos of Google's computer-enabled eyeglasses can be scheduled for those interested. "Sit down with a Glass Guide, take in the view and see what Glass is really like," invited Google in the e-mail.
Google has given three appointment type options when scheduling appointments.
According to Google, users can schedule for a fitting demo where the user can check for proper fitting of Glass and make sure that all their queries are answered. The second option will be for users who have issues with Glass or have more advanced questions regarding Glass. Lastly, users who want to experience Glass and find out what Glass can do may also set an appointment.
Google Glasss users are also allowed to bring one companion with them during their appointment. Guests must be 13 years of age or above.
Google Glass was made available to the public last May. However, the device was originally made available for those in the U.S. and could only be purchased if stocks are available.
Over the past years, Google has been improving the Glass project. This early version, not final, was marketed to average consumers.
Since its release, various upgrades and dozens of applications have been added. In mid-May, Foursquare, Tripit and OpenTable apps were added. Last month, The Guardian, Duolingo and the AllTheCooks apps, among others, were all also added to the device.
The latest upgraded Glass now has a 2 GB RAM from the previous model which only has 1 GB RAM and will make running applications faster. The battery was also improved which gives the device over 20 per cent longer battery life when mixed with Google's firmware updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies