Malaysian Airlines Plane Crash: Exclusive Live Witness Turns Out to be a Prankster, Calls Host Krystal Ball a Dumbass on Live TV [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 18, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Just when MSNBC's Krystal Ball thought that she had an exclusive story about the latest Malaysian flight crash in Ukraine, she had to take a break mid way during the live interview. Ball, who gained fame because of her racy pictures around four years ago, was called a "dumbass" on national television when she could not understand the prank being played on her.
The site of a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane crash is seen at the settlement of Grabovo in the Donetsk region, July 17, 2014. The Malaysian airliner was shot down over eastern Ukraine by pro-Russian militants on Thursday, killing all 295 people aboard, a Ukrainian interior ministry official said.
The newscaster was under an impression that she had gained a chance for an exclusive interview with a United States military member who claimed to have witnessed the missile hitting Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777, which killed all 295 people on board. Just as she does in her normal news hour times, Ball put the caller, who identified himself as Sgt Boyd, online and asked him to share his experience of what he saw.
"Well, I was looking out the window and I saw a projectile flying through the sky and it would appear that the plane was shot down by a blast of wind from Howard Stern's ass," the caller responded. Ball somehow missed the last lines as she could not have imagined in her wildest dreams that anyone could play a prank on her on this topic. She continued the interview normally and asked the caller further questions.
"So it would appear that the plane was shot down. Can you tell us anything more from your military training of what sort of missile system that may have been coming from?," Ball asked in a very casual way. Check out the video below.
The prankster on the other end of the call seemed to be irritated and told Ball, "Well, you're a dumbass, aren't you?"
Then the reality did strike Krystal that she has actually been subjected to a prank on national television live. The newscaster quickly cut short the interview and rather said that she was "sorry."
"Alright, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be back with all the latest, next," Ball said to her viewers. She even apologized to her viewers about the incident later. Take a look at the entire video below.
Source: Youtube.com/Jim Swift
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’