Malaysian Airlines Plane Crash: Exclusive Live Witness Turns Out to be a Prankster, Calls Host Krystal Ball a Dumbass on Live TV [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 18, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Just when MSNBC's Krystal Ball thought that she had an exclusive story about the latest Malaysian flight crash in Ukraine, she had to take a break mid way during the live interview. Ball, who gained fame because of her racy pictures around four years ago, was called a "dumbass" on national television when she could not understand the prank being played on her.
The site of a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane crash is seen at the settlement of Grabovo in the Donetsk region, July 17, 2014. The Malaysian airliner was shot down over eastern Ukraine by pro-Russian militants on Thursday, killing all 295 people aboard, a Ukrainian interior ministry official said.
The newscaster was under an impression that she had gained a chance for an exclusive interview with a United States military member who claimed to have witnessed the missile hitting Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777, which killed all 295 people on board. Just as she does in her normal news hour times, Ball put the caller, who identified himself as Sgt Boyd, online and asked him to share his experience of what he saw.
"Well, I was looking out the window and I saw a projectile flying through the sky and it would appear that the plane was shot down by a blast of wind from Howard Stern's ass," the caller responded. Ball somehow missed the last lines as she could not have imagined in her wildest dreams that anyone could play a prank on her on this topic. She continued the interview normally and asked the caller further questions.
"So it would appear that the plane was shot down. Can you tell us anything more from your military training of what sort of missile system that may have been coming from?," Ball asked in a very casual way. Check out the video below.
The prankster on the other end of the call seemed to be irritated and told Ball, "Well, you're a dumbass, aren't you?"
Then the reality did strike Krystal that she has actually been subjected to a prank on national television live. The newscaster quickly cut short the interview and rather said that she was "sorry."
"Alright, we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be back with all the latest, next," Ball said to her viewers. She even apologized to her viewers about the incident later. Take a look at the entire video below.
Source: Youtube.com/Jim Swift
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best