New iPhone Clone, Wico i6 Demoed on Video, Goophone i6 Set For August Launch
By Sovan Mandal | July 18, 2014 3:03 PM EST
While we wait for the real thing, a working prototype of an iPhone clone has already made its internet debut. The Wico i6 - as the device is named - has been detailed in an internet video which reveals a device that boasts of a plastic build but takes into account all the rumored style bits that we have come across so far of the iPhone 6.
A woman poses for a photo illustration with an iPhone as she plays Candy Crush in New York February 18, 2014.
Coming to the details, the Wico i6 can be considered a replica of the iPhone 6 variant rumored to come with a 4.7 inch display. The clone also sports a slim profile as is being rumored for the iPhone 6, complete with a side mounted power button and elongated volume switch. The clone also comes with the Apple branding at the rear as well as the FCC listing along the rear bottom, reports MacRumors all of which makes a strong case for superior workmanship of the Chinese clone masters.
To add to the authenticity, the Wico 6 is also found to be running an operating system that again mimics iOS 7. However, there still are a few subtle differences to be seen which hasn't gone unnoticed with the hawk eyed folks at geeky-gadgets. For instance, its 'Setting' that Wico i6 uses while the app is termed 'Settings' in iOS 7 on a real iPhone. The site further mentions that the 'text on the calendar icon for the number '15′ is thicker' in the cloned thing that it is on the real device.
Chinese cloning expert Goophone too has come up with their version of an iPhone 6 clone. Termed Goophone i6, the device is powered by a quad-core Mediatek MT6582 CPU and a 1 GB RAM. The Goophone i6 will also boast of a 13 megapixel camera and will be running Android though of unknown version.
However, in spite of having incorporated all the style cues that is believed to be the hallmark of the upcoming iPhone 6, the company has shopped short of incorporating the Apple logo or fake FCC listing on the rear as is seen on the Wico i6. Instead, Goophone i6 makes do with their own logo and branding at the rear. Goophone also stated they intend to launch the i6 by Aug itself, a month ahead of Apple's intended Sept launch of the iPhone 6.
Scroll below to find the video demo of the Wico i6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015