Melbourne YouTuber’s ‘Mickey Mouse’ Marriage Proposal Goes Viral [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 18, 2014 2:38 PM EST
A Melbournite’s marriage proposal to his girlfriend has become viral. Jehan Ratnatunga staged an elaborate proposal with the help of Mickey Mouse.
Jehan wanted to incorporate all his girlfriend Vishanti’s favourites in his proposal, and so he did in quite a spectacular fashion.
“This is a very personal thing to make a YouTube video about, but it’s all about love so I’m making an exception,” Jehan explained in the video.
“The idea was to combine all the things she loves,” he continued, adding that Vish loves Michael Jackson, Will Smith, Rajnikanth, Beyonce and Minnie Mouse.
The YouTuber enlisted help from their friends, who told Vish to watch a video from her favourite Bollywood movie, “Jeans.” It wasn’t what Vish was expecting, though.
Jehan recreated the video to include Mickey and Minnie Mouse dancing instead of the film’s actors. A text on the video then appeared, asking Vish to answer the door just as the doorbell rang.
“Mickey Mouse” was at the door, leading Vish in the front yard where six more Mickey Mice appeared. The group then took their formation on the street, dancing to the songs of Vish’s favourite artists. Vish, meanwhile, was laughing the whole time.
At the end of their number, Jehan, the main mouse, removed his mask and took Vish’s hand. He knelt down on one knee and asked his girlfriend the ultimate question.
“She said yes!” he happily exclaimed to their waiting friends.
Jehan’s proposal video was uploaded on Tuesday, and has since garnered over 280,000 views on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List