Ellen-Portia Divorce Speculations: Ellen DeGeneres’ Affair with 'Mutual Friend' Landed Portia De Rossi in Rehab-Report; Talk Show Host Sells Brody House
By jaskiran kaur | July 18, 2014 2:22 PM EST
Power couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi have been making headlines due to rampant divorce rumours. The couple is reportedly going through a difficult patch in their marriage that is on the brink of a split. According to the latest update talk show host Ellen DeGeneres cheated over her actress wife Portia De Rossi before she entered rehab programme for substance abuse. Head inside to find out the details.
A source told In Touch magazine that Portia DeRossi "believes" Ellen DeGeneres stepped out on her. The couple are reportedly now "in therapy." The source revealed that Portia believes that Ellen was cheating on her with "one of their mutual friends." This happened "right before Portia's rehab stint in May."
Despite all the problems, Ellen DeGeneres is reportedly not ready to "give up on" her marriage with Portia De Rossi. This is why the couple arrived on a unanimous decision of enrolling themselves to "couples therapy years ago."
However, Ellen's association with another woman seems to be the reason for growing tension between the couple.
"It's going to take a lot for Portia to trust Ellen again," the source told the publication. Meanwhile, it is said that after Portia's rehab programme, the couple continued the therapy. However, the insider says that "they still have a long way to go."
Radar Online is reporting that Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi spent some alone time "aboard their boat in the Mediterranean." But the romantic holiday did not go as planned. Things were reportedly not too "smooth sailing" for the couple on the trip.
The report notes that Ellen's alleged affair with one of their mutual friends has only worsened "Portia's alleged substance abuse issues." The outcome of the issue was "some of their ugliest blowups."
Citing the claims of In Touch magazine, the Web site reports that Portia De Rossi is now trying to maintain sobriety while dealing with the marital problems. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi have now committed themselves to attend therapy together. Also, Ellen DeGeneres has reportedly arranged to take Portia to Australia to renew vows on the occasion of their wedding anniversary.
In related news, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" host has sold her hot property, Brody house. Latin Times is reporting, the A. Quincy Jones-designed house has been bought by Sean Parker, Napster co-founder. The property was given away by Ellen DeGeneres for $55million. In 1950s Sidney Brody and his art collector wife, built this house. The luxurious mansion spreads to 2.3 acres of area with nine bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms.
This is not the first time Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi have been slammed with divorce rumours. However, these reports remain unconfirmed in the absence of official statement. Ellen and Portia married in 2008 and will be celebrating their sixth anniversary soon.
For more updates on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia De Rossi, read below:
Ellen DeGeneres-Portia De Rossi Divorce Speculations: Shocking Secrets about Couple's Marriage Revealed; Portia 'Threatens to Expose' Ellen - Report
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks