HTC One M8 and HTC One M7 Android 4.4.4 and 4.4.3 KitKat Bug Fix and Wifi Update
By Precious Silva | July 18, 2014 2:18 PM EST
HTC wants to be among the first ones to bring the Android 4.4.4 KitKat patch to its devices. According to recent announcement, the company will be releasing the firmware to its HTC One M8 and HTC One M7 series. The Android 4.4.4 KitKat update offers a range of bug fixes and WiFi calling function depending on the network. The firmware also aims on addressing the OpenSSL problems related to the HeartBleed issue before. As with other Android updates, this will be carried in stages. Some unit owners may have access over the firmware already while others still do not.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
The Android 4.4.4 KitKat patch offers a range of improvements to handsets like HTC One M8 and M7. These include better stability, upgraded security and several bug fixes including OpenSSL related issues. HTC also made it a point to enhance the user interface of its devices under the new update compared to the Nexus units. The update should be rolled out to the mentioned devices this July according to Breathe Cast.
Users can check their notifications for the update. If there is no notification, people can check the phone's Settings. There should be an update prompt they can access if the firmware is already available. Other devices will also be in line for the Android 4.4.3 update. HTC has already tested the firmware together with Sense 6. Depending on HTC's decision, the company may push some units to skip the Android 4.4.3 entirely and head over to the 4.4.4 firmware.
As for the Desire 610, Desire 816, Butterfly S and HTC One Max, they will remain with the Android 4.4.2 edition. According to Daily Tech, Sprint has included WiFi calling support and HD Voice to its HTC One M8. Its rival company, T-Mobile has been offering WiFi texting and calling including HD voice starting launch. Users need to check with their carriers or network providers for the update schedule and additional features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims