Avengers 2 Costume Update: Iron Man 'Bulkier' With Hulk-Like Armour To Debut In Sequel [Video]
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Iron Man will definitely need new armour if he is to defeat The Hulk. Tony Stark is apparently prepared to "bulk up" in order for him to beat the angry green giant, which reports have said will ultimately happen in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
During a Q&A session for "Guardians of the Galaxy" in London, Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige released a two-minute clip of the "Avengers: Age of Ultron." According to Movie Web, Radio Times was among those privileged to watch a preview of the heroes on their battleground fighting off evil.
A footage in the clip reportedly featured Tony Stark aka "Iron Man" in his new armour, known in the comics as the Hulkbuster. Contrary to his previous sleek armours, as what fans have seen in his movies, the Hulkbuster is said to be "almost the size of 'The Hulk' himself" and bulkier. Although it reportedly still retains the iconic red and gold color "Iron Man's" suits are known for, Radio Times likened the Hulkbuster to a "bruising tank."
"Iron Man" and "The Hulk" were also featured in the footage in a middle of a fight scene.
Check the concept art from Radio Times and the video tease of the Hulkbuster below.
It's unclear why the two heroes are fighting. But this leads to the speculation that the reason why Tony Stark had to build the Hulkbuster was to defeat Bruce Banner's alter-ego, as this is also what's originally planned out in the comics.
But according to Inquisitr, Banner had already learned how to control "The Hulk" by staying angry. This was also hinted in the previous "Avengers" movie where "Black Widow" ended up getting chased by the giant.
The site added that it could be at some point in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" that "The Hulk" becomes so enraged that even the other heroes won't be able to subdue him unless they have Tony Stark's Hulkbuster.
According to Movie Webb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be an international sensation. It will reportedly feature the Avengers fighting Ultron (James Spader) and his legion of robots in Italy, South Korea and South Africa.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" has a US release date of May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown