Avengers 2 Costume Update: Iron Man 'Bulkier' With Hulk-Like Armour To Debut In Sequel [Video]
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Iron Man will definitely need new armour if he is to defeat The Hulk. Tony Stark is apparently prepared to "bulk up" in order for him to beat the angry green giant, which reports have said will ultimately happen in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
During a Q&A session for "Guardians of the Galaxy" in London, Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige released a two-minute clip of the "Avengers: Age of Ultron." According to Movie Web, Radio Times was among those privileged to watch a preview of the heroes on their battleground fighting off evil.
A footage in the clip reportedly featured Tony Stark aka "Iron Man" in his new armour, known in the comics as the Hulkbuster. Contrary to his previous sleek armours, as what fans have seen in his movies, the Hulkbuster is said to be "almost the size of 'The Hulk' himself" and bulkier. Although it reportedly still retains the iconic red and gold color "Iron Man's" suits are known for, Radio Times likened the Hulkbuster to a "bruising tank."
"Iron Man" and "The Hulk" were also featured in the footage in a middle of a fight scene.
Check the concept art from Radio Times and the video tease of the Hulkbuster below.
It's unclear why the two heroes are fighting. But this leads to the speculation that the reason why Tony Stark had to build the Hulkbuster was to defeat Bruce Banner's alter-ego, as this is also what's originally planned out in the comics.
But according to Inquisitr, Banner had already learned how to control "The Hulk" by staying angry. This was also hinted in the previous "Avengers" movie where "Black Widow" ended up getting chased by the giant.
The site added that it could be at some point in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" that "The Hulk" becomes so enraged that even the other heroes won't be able to subdue him unless they have Tony Stark's Hulkbuster.
According to Movie Webb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be an international sensation. It will reportedly feature the Avengers fighting Ultron (James Spader) and his legion of robots in Italy, South Korea and South Africa.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" has a US release date of May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015