Avengers 2 Costume Update: Iron Man 'Bulkier' With Hulk-Like Armour To Debut In Sequel [Video]
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Iron Man will definitely need new armour if he is to defeat The Hulk. Tony Stark is apparently prepared to "bulk up" in order for him to beat the angry green giant, which reports have said will ultimately happen in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
During a Q&A session for "Guardians of the Galaxy" in London, Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige released a two-minute clip of the "Avengers: Age of Ultron." According to Movie Web, Radio Times was among those privileged to watch a preview of the heroes on their battleground fighting off evil.
A footage in the clip reportedly featured Tony Stark aka "Iron Man" in his new armour, known in the comics as the Hulkbuster. Contrary to his previous sleek armours, as what fans have seen in his movies, the Hulkbuster is said to be "almost the size of 'The Hulk' himself" and bulkier. Although it reportedly still retains the iconic red and gold color "Iron Man's" suits are known for, Radio Times likened the Hulkbuster to a "bruising tank."
"Iron Man" and "The Hulk" were also featured in the footage in a middle of a fight scene.
Check the concept art from Radio Times and the video tease of the Hulkbuster below.
It's unclear why the two heroes are fighting. But this leads to the speculation that the reason why Tony Stark had to build the Hulkbuster was to defeat Bruce Banner's alter-ego, as this is also what's originally planned out in the comics.
But according to Inquisitr, Banner had already learned how to control "The Hulk" by staying angry. This was also hinted in the previous "Avengers" movie where "Black Widow" ended up getting chased by the giant.
The site added that it could be at some point in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" that "The Hulk" becomes so enraged that even the other heroes won't be able to subdue him unless they have Tony Stark's Hulkbuster.
According to Movie Webb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be an international sensation. It will reportedly feature the Avengers fighting Ultron (James Spader) and his legion of robots in Italy, South Korea and South Africa.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" has a US release date of May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast