Avengers 2 Costume Update: Iron Man 'Bulkier' With Hulk-Like Armour To Debut In Sequel [Video]
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Iron Man will definitely need new armour if he is to defeat The Hulk. Tony Stark is apparently prepared to "bulk up" in order for him to beat the angry green giant, which reports have said will ultimately happen in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
During a Q&A session for "Guardians of the Galaxy" in London, Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige released a two-minute clip of the "Avengers: Age of Ultron." According to Movie Web, Radio Times was among those privileged to watch a preview of the heroes on their battleground fighting off evil.
A footage in the clip reportedly featured Tony Stark aka "Iron Man" in his new armour, known in the comics as the Hulkbuster. Contrary to his previous sleek armours, as what fans have seen in his movies, the Hulkbuster is said to be "almost the size of 'The Hulk' himself" and bulkier. Although it reportedly still retains the iconic red and gold color "Iron Man's" suits are known for, Radio Times likened the Hulkbuster to a "bruising tank."
"Iron Man" and "The Hulk" were also featured in the footage in a middle of a fight scene.
Check the concept art from Radio Times and the video tease of the Hulkbuster below.
It's unclear why the two heroes are fighting. But this leads to the speculation that the reason why Tony Stark had to build the Hulkbuster was to defeat Bruce Banner's alter-ego, as this is also what's originally planned out in the comics.
But according to Inquisitr, Banner had already learned how to control "The Hulk" by staying angry. This was also hinted in the previous "Avengers" movie where "Black Widow" ended up getting chased by the giant.
The site added that it could be at some point in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" that "The Hulk" becomes so enraged that even the other heroes won't be able to subdue him unless they have Tony Stark's Hulkbuster.
According to Movie Webb, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be an international sensation. It will reportedly feature the Avengers fighting Ultron (James Spader) and his legion of robots in Italy, South Korea and South Africa.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" has a US release date of May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More