Avengers 2 News: Actor Andy Serkis Confirms Portraying a Character in Age of Ultron, Denies Thanos Speculations
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 18, 2014 12:33 PM EST
Motion capture actor Andy Serkis joined the cast of the much anticipated "Avengers: Age of Ultron" film but details on the character that he portrays in the film remain scarce. The 50-year-old English actor remains tight lipped as well on his role in the movie sequel but denied in an interview that he will appear as the villain Thanos.
In the Daily Beast interview, Andy Serkis was asked if the character he would be portraying in the film is Thanos but the actor denied it. "Um...I'd have to deny that character at this point," Serkis stated.
Andy Serkis confirmed that he is portraying a character but did not want to reveal it during the interview. The actor just talked about the excitement he felt when director Joss Whedon asked his involvement in the Avengers sequel.
"It's fantastic. I've had a ball working with them, both as performance capture consultant through the Imaginarium, but also being asked to be in it. I can't say anything more!" Serkis shared. What the motion capture expert gladly discussed is his work with actor Mark Ruffalo who portrays "The Hulk" in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Serkis revealed that he and his team helped Mark Ruffalo portray his character differently through the Imaginarium, a performance-capture studio in London. According to Serkis, actor Mark Ruffalo would previously walk onto a set with the grey motion-capture suit while the other characters wear their costumes.
Now, the two actors worked together where Mark Ruffalo was able to play with the digital avatar where the actor could see himself as "The Hulk" before going onscreen. Andy Serkis shared that the motion-capture team equipped Mark Ruffalo with weights and inhibitors in order for the actor to have a sense that he has giant arms.
The other things that Serkis' team added are the sound system and pitch-modulation for actor Mark Ruffalo's voice and roar as "The Hulk." Actor Andy Serkis explained that it provides Mark Ruffalo the "sense of feeling better" therefore the actor will become more comfortable with his performance as the smashing superhero.
As a motion capture actor, Andy Serkis' impressive work can be watched in the films such as "The Lord of the Rings" where he portrayed Gollum, "King Kong," Captain Haddock in "The Adventures of Tintin" and Caesar in the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" film. The actor is pleased that the motion capture technology has already become a standard in certain films.
"Every single nuance is now very closer to what I'm doing on set, which is very gratifying," Serkis stated. Fans can catch Andy Serkis' work in "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 1, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Avengers 2 Casting News: Andy Serkis Added in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Motion-Capture Actor Teases about Working Closely with Mark Ruffalo - [READ]
Halle Berry Rolls with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show, Actress Stars in New TV Sci-fi Drama Series Titled Extant [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Couple News: Iron Man Actor Robert Downey Jr and Wife Susan Expecting Second Child, a Baby Girl in November - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage