Avengers 2 News: Actor Andy Serkis Confirms Portraying a Character in Age of Ultron, Denies Thanos Speculations
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 18, 2014 12:33 PM EST
Motion capture actor Andy Serkis joined the cast of the much anticipated "Avengers: Age of Ultron" film but details on the character that he portrays in the film remain scarce. The 50-year-old English actor remains tight lipped as well on his role in the movie sequel but denied in an interview that he will appear as the villain Thanos.
In the Daily Beast interview, Andy Serkis was asked if the character he would be portraying in the film is Thanos but the actor denied it. "Um...I'd have to deny that character at this point," Serkis stated.
Andy Serkis confirmed that he is portraying a character but did not want to reveal it during the interview. The actor just talked about the excitement he felt when director Joss Whedon asked his involvement in the Avengers sequel.
"It's fantastic. I've had a ball working with them, both as performance capture consultant through the Imaginarium, but also being asked to be in it. I can't say anything more!" Serkis shared. What the motion capture expert gladly discussed is his work with actor Mark Ruffalo who portrays "The Hulk" in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Serkis revealed that he and his team helped Mark Ruffalo portray his character differently through the Imaginarium, a performance-capture studio in London. According to Serkis, actor Mark Ruffalo would previously walk onto a set with the grey motion-capture suit while the other characters wear their costumes.
Now, the two actors worked together where Mark Ruffalo was able to play with the digital avatar where the actor could see himself as "The Hulk" before going onscreen. Andy Serkis shared that the motion-capture team equipped Mark Ruffalo with weights and inhibitors in order for the actor to have a sense that he has giant arms.
The other things that Serkis' team added are the sound system and pitch-modulation for actor Mark Ruffalo's voice and roar as "The Hulk." Actor Andy Serkis explained that it provides Mark Ruffalo the "sense of feeling better" therefore the actor will become more comfortable with his performance as the smashing superhero.
As a motion capture actor, Andy Serkis' impressive work can be watched in the films such as "The Lord of the Rings" where he portrayed Gollum, "King Kong," Captain Haddock in "The Adventures of Tintin" and Caesar in the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" film. The actor is pleased that the motion capture technology has already become a standard in certain films.
"Every single nuance is now very closer to what I'm doing on set, which is very gratifying," Serkis stated. Fans can catch Andy Serkis' work in "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 1, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Avengers 2 Casting News: Andy Serkis Added in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Motion-Capture Actor Teases about Working Closely with Mark Ruffalo - [READ]
Halle Berry Rolls with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show, Actress Stars in New TV Sci-fi Drama Series Titled Extant [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
Couple News: Iron Man Actor Robert Downey Jr and Wife Susan Expecting Second Child, a Baby Girl in November - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS