David Beckham Gets Sour at Paparazzi
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 18, 2014 11:12 AM EST
David Beckham got sour with paparazzi after they allegedly ran a red light in an attempt to catch a sight of the retired football legend and his children in Brentwood.
Beckham was driving home from an exercise class at Soul Cycle with his three boys Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz, when the incident happened, according to reports. The 39-year-old former Real Madrid and Manchester United star was dressed in a casual outfit but still looked stylish in sporty shorts, navy blue sweatshirts matched with a pair of sneakers and an LA Kings cap. He was swaggering a jagged beard.
Former England soccer captain David Beckham greets victims of super Typhoon Haiyan at an evacuation centre in Tacloban city in central Philippines February 13, 2014. Local officials said, Beckham is one of the biggest donors to super typhoon Haiyan devastated areas in central Philippines. REUTERS/Erik De Castro
When the paparazzi ran after Beckham and his kids, he lost his cool and rolled the window down to point a finger at the photographers. He even got out of his car and shouted at the dangerous drivers.
"The majority of the paparazzi are fair, but some of are on the edge of criminality," a source close to the situation told Daily Star Online. The complete lack of privacy and having paparazzi following every celebrities' move are the cons of being famous. People have a jaded expression of it: the price of fame.
The source further stated that Beckham is used to being followed by paparazzi but when the safety of his family is put in jeopardy, he gets ballistic. "It's a battle that takes place every day."
"When they are putting his family in danger, David will get angry."
Beckham once got frustrated with paparazzi when they tried to harass his son Brooklyn, ABC.net.au reported. The photographers swarmed at his then six-year-old son who was on his way to a football school. He said the incident left Brooklyn upset. He felt that the photographers were "crossing the line with his children."
According to Beckham, he had long acknowledged the fact that aggressive paparazzi will always intrude his family's privacy. "Me and Victoria have always accepted that we are in the limelight and there are always going to be people who want to take pictures of us, but when it comes down to little children, being out on their own, in their school, for me, it is crossing the line."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies