Spider-Man 2 Original Script Leaked, Shailene Woodley Scenes and More Revealed
By Tanya Diente | July 18, 2014 10:33 AM EST
Fans who saw "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" probably thought the film was bad in ways that it had greatly deviated from the original comic book story. Now reports have revealed that there's a lot going on in the original script that was evidently changed in the movie. Shailene Woodley's scenes are also explained and so much more.
Actors Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield pose for photographs at the world premiere of The Amazing Spiderman 2 in central London, April 10, 2014.
Badass Digest has revealed ten scenes in the movie that have been changed and even removed based on the original script of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."
1) Mary Jane
A previous report from IBTimes mentioned that Shailene Woodley was supposed to appear as Mary Jane in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2." She had also already filmed some of her scenes. But fans were surprised to see that she was cut from the movie.
The original script actually tells the story of Mary Jane as a waitress who lives with an abusive and drunkard of a father. She also builds motorcycles as a hobby. Similar to the comics, MJ is Peter's neighbour who obviously idolises Spider-Man as evident on a Spider-Man tattoo on her wrist. She also has a crush on Peter. At one point in the script, Peter confronted her dad to stop abusing her.
The end of the script also revealed Mary Jane having a friendly chat with Gwen. Gwen wanted to say goodbye to Peter before she leaves for London. Unfortunately, he had already left the house. MJ then asked Gwen what she can do to get a guy like Peter since she said she tends to attract "dickheads." To which Gwen replied "date a nerd," hinting that she has given her the greenlight to be with Peter.
2) Spider-Man's blood
In the movie, fans saw Spider-Man denying Harry Osborn (Green Goblin) his blood. But in the original script, spidey actually did give his blood.
3) Green Goblin's suit
Green Goblin's suit based on the original script was initially built in secret for Norman Osborn. It was not intended for military use as was depicted in the movie. Also, it wasn't stored in a glass case. Instead, Harry found it in a boathouse after the scene where Peter refused to give him his blood.
4) Electro's mom
Electro's scenes depicted him as a loner and living on his own. However, the original script was written to also show him caring for his wheelchair-bound mother, who could care less for him. After getting electrocuted and gaining power, he went home to discover that his mom could actually stand. She was also reaping money off from his "death." In anger he stepped out to the Times Square and released all his powers and was confronted by the police.
5) Harry Osborn and Electro
Electro didn't escape Ravenscroft because Harry convinced him. Instead, he escaped on his own and was intent on killing Harry. He met the young Osborn at his dad's grave and when he realized that Harry has turned into the Green Goblin, they decided to partner up. Also, Dr. Kafka, who had terrorized Electro, is actually a woman in the original script.
The little kid with his spider-man costume, who bravely stepped up to Rhino in the end scene of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," is originally not in the script. Also there was no confrontation between Rhino and Spider-Man. Rhino's truck heist scene in the beginning of the movie also didn't make it to the original script. He was only a cameo in the end.
There was a one year gap after Peter Parker and Gwen Stacey graduated from high school. This gap revealed the pair is already in college. It also made sense to Gwen's application to Oxford.
8) The boss
Peter Parker's iconic loud-mouthed boss JJJ also landed some scenes in the original script. He was supposed to give the new photographer a tour of the Daily Bugle, where he complained about how the internet is killing the newspaper business. However, they got the scoop of their life when Spider-Man and Electro's first fight crashed the Daily Bugle's offices.
9) Gwen Stacey's last words
The tragic scene where every fan dared not watch if they have to was Gwen Stacey's death. Before she died she managed to tell Peter to not give up.
10) A father's return
Peter didn't get back to being Spider-Man because he saw Gwen Stacey's graduation speech. Instead, it was his long-lost father, Richard Parker, who shows up in the end scene to tell him to be the amazing Spider-Man again. He also told Peter that he's been watching over him since. He even saw his transformation into Spider-Man. In the end, Richard tells Peter the iconic phrase "With great power comes great responsibility."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks