Cheryl Cole Foregoes Pre-Nuptial Agreement in Second Marriage to Jean Bernard, Finds it Useless
By nidhi tewari | July 18, 2014 8:37 AM EST
Cheryl Cole has married her French boyfriend Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini without signing any pre nuptial agreement, various media reports suggest. The "X-Factor" judge reportedly believes that matters of money should not decide a marriage and one should take decisions from their heart in these matters.
Singer Cheryl Cole blows a kiss as she poses on the red carpet for the screening of the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
This is the second marriage of the 31-year-old Cole and first for Jean. But she has not decided to sign the pre-nuptial agreement to safeguard her 16 million pounds fortune. A source close to Cole revealed to Daily Mirror that though she is a good businesswoman, her heart rules over her brain in the matters of love. Hence she has decided to forgo any pre-nuptial agreements in her marriage.
When Cheryl was married to footballer Ashley Cole in 2006, she did not sign any agreement with him either as she found the whole concept "disgusting." Cole believes that signing a pre-nups will not hold any significance in getting married because a marriage works on commitments to ones partner for a lifetime. There should be no "ifs and buts" in the marriage, Cheryl revealed in her previous interview.
"I think [pre-nups] are disgusting. I could understand if you're 93 and you've got billions of pounds and this 24-year-old wants to marry you in a month," the former Girls Aloud singer revealed in a previous interview with Daily Mail.
"But we're a work in progress, we're going to build our married life together not thinking about if it ever ends," added the singer.
Cheryl's marriage to Ashley came to an end in 2010 when the footballer was caught cheating on her. Cheryl reportedly dated French businessman Jean Bernard for three months before tying the knot to him in a private ceremony on July 7. She made the announcement of her marriage on her Instagram account flaunting her huge engagement ring.
Jean Bernard is an entrepreneur and has a luxury restaurant in The Cannes by the name of Cosy Box, various Web sites are reporting. The restaurant which boasts of guests include Paris Hilton and Adam Grenier, is functional at the time of the Film Festival.
Jean Bernard is not so fluent in English just as his new bride Cheryl is not so good in French either.
"My English is better than her French but I teach her the words," Fernandez-Versini told The Sun. "Mainly the bad words! She teaches me the Geordie." Read more about him here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast