Cheryl Cole Foregoes Pre-Nuptial Agreement in Second Marriage to Jean Bernard, Finds it Useless
By nidhi tewari | July 18, 2014 8:37 AM EST
Cheryl Cole has married her French boyfriend Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini without signing any pre nuptial agreement, various media reports suggest. The "X-Factor" judge reportedly believes that matters of money should not decide a marriage and one should take decisions from their heart in these matters.
Singer Cheryl Cole blows a kiss as she poses on the red carpet for the screening of the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
This is the second marriage of the 31-year-old Cole and first for Jean. But she has not decided to sign the pre-nuptial agreement to safeguard her 16 million pounds fortune. A source close to Cole revealed to Daily Mirror that though she is a good businesswoman, her heart rules over her brain in the matters of love. Hence she has decided to forgo any pre-nuptial agreements in her marriage.
When Cheryl was married to footballer Ashley Cole in 2006, she did not sign any agreement with him either as she found the whole concept "disgusting." Cole believes that signing a pre-nups will not hold any significance in getting married because a marriage works on commitments to ones partner for a lifetime. There should be no "ifs and buts" in the marriage, Cheryl revealed in her previous interview.
"I think [pre-nups] are disgusting. I could understand if you're 93 and you've got billions of pounds and this 24-year-old wants to marry you in a month," the former Girls Aloud singer revealed in a previous interview with Daily Mail.
"But we're a work in progress, we're going to build our married life together not thinking about if it ever ends," added the singer.
Cheryl's marriage to Ashley came to an end in 2010 when the footballer was caught cheating on her. Cheryl reportedly dated French businessman Jean Bernard for three months before tying the knot to him in a private ceremony on July 7. She made the announcement of her marriage on her Instagram account flaunting her huge engagement ring.
Jean Bernard is an entrepreneur and has a luxury restaurant in The Cannes by the name of Cosy Box, various Web sites are reporting. The restaurant which boasts of guests include Paris Hilton and Adam Grenier, is functional at the time of the Film Festival.
Jean Bernard is not so fluent in English just as his new bride Cheryl is not so good in French either.
"My English is better than her French but I teach her the words," Fernandez-Versini told The Sun. "Mainly the bad words! She teaches me the Geordie." Read more about him here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1