Kristen Stewart and Anne Hathaway Appear in Drag for Music Video by Jenny Lewis
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 18, 2014 8:31 AM EST
Kristen Stewart and Anne Hathaway have taken on a new challenge by appearing to be convincing Drag Kings as they appear dressed in men's clothes in a music video for the song "Just One of the Guys" by independent artist Jenny Lewis.
Actress Kristen Stewart arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Oscar winning actress Anne Hathaway and Kristen Stewart of "Twilight" fame star alongside "21 Jump Street" actress in the music video where they dress in men's clothes.
The girls also appear in their natural female form in some parts of the video where they are seen wearing pristine cream coloured suits while barefoot and playing various instruments while pretending to be the back-up band for Jenny Lewis. They also appear to be singing along.
The video then transitions to the actresses wearing adidas track suits, flat bill baseball caps and fake moustaches.
Hathaway gained critical acclaim for her singing in the musical "Les Miserables" but it's unclear whether or not the actresses' voices were actually used in any way during the recording of the single.
Despite Lewis' sweet voice and comedic theme of the video, the song speaks of more profound thoughts as the "men" that the girls portray some behaviour attributed to men that often cause problems for women such as denying fathering children.
"As far as I can see, there's only one difference between you and me. When I look at myself all I can see, I'm just another lady without a baby," Lewis sings. The song also speaks about other typically perceived differences between men and women.
Jenny Lewis is a singer-songwriter and the song "Just One of the Guys" is the carrier single for her album "Voyager" which is set to be released in the US on July 29. Lewis also has numerous acting credits under her name appearing starting from a young age in various TV shows as well as a number of teen-themed films. She has since pursued a musical career and was the vocalist for the band Rilo Kiley. She now performs as part of a duo with her boyfriend Jonathan Rice or as a solo artist. "Voyager" will be her third album.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid