Transfer News: Recent Newcastle Signing Determined to 'Adapt Quickly to the Premier League'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:49 AM EST
Recent Newcastle United signing Emmanuel Riviere is determined to make an impact in the Premier League straight away, after moving from AS Monaco.
The 24-year-old made 30 appearances in the Ligue 1, though starting only 19 times, tallying 10 goals and an assist, enough to attract interest from Alan Pardew, who has opted to bring in players from France's top-flight as he deems it financially viable.
"I want to adapt quickly to the Premier League because the Premier League is not Ligue 1. Ligue 1 is different," said the former Toulouse man.
"I want to work hard to adapt fast to the Premier League and play at Newcastle."
"When Newcastle phoned me, I said yes directly because Newcastle is a big club with many fans, with a big manager. I said yes directly."
"It was an easy decision, I made my choice quickly. When I was told Newcastle, I said yes directly."
Riviere has yet to receive a call-up from the French senior team, believing that his stint at St. James' Park could help his objective of receiving a cap.
"For that too, I signed here. I want to get into the France team," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch