Transfer News: Recent Newcastle Signing Determined to 'Adapt Quickly to the Premier League'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:49 AM EST
Recent Newcastle United signing Emmanuel Riviere is determined to make an impact in the Premier League straight away, after moving from AS Monaco.
The 24-year-old made 30 appearances in the Ligue 1, though starting only 19 times, tallying 10 goals and an assist, enough to attract interest from Alan Pardew, who has opted to bring in players from France's top-flight as he deems it financially viable.
"I want to adapt quickly to the Premier League because the Premier League is not Ligue 1. Ligue 1 is different," said the former Toulouse man.
"I want to work hard to adapt fast to the Premier League and play at Newcastle."
"When Newcastle phoned me, I said yes directly because Newcastle is a big club with many fans, with a big manager. I said yes directly."
"It was an easy decision, I made my choice quickly. When I was told Newcastle, I said yes directly."
Riviere has yet to receive a call-up from the French senior team, believing that his stint at St. James' Park could help his objective of receiving a cap.
"For that too, I signed here. I want to get into the France team," he added.
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation