Transfer News: Recent Newcastle Signing Determined to 'Adapt Quickly to the Premier League'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:49 AM EST
Recent Newcastle United signing Emmanuel Riviere is determined to make an impact in the Premier League straight away, after moving from AS Monaco.
The 24-year-old made 30 appearances in the Ligue 1, though starting only 19 times, tallying 10 goals and an assist, enough to attract interest from Alan Pardew, who has opted to bring in players from France's top-flight as he deems it financially viable.
"I want to adapt quickly to the Premier League because the Premier League is not Ligue 1. Ligue 1 is different," said the former Toulouse man.
"I want to work hard to adapt fast to the Premier League and play at Newcastle."
"When Newcastle phoned me, I said yes directly because Newcastle is a big club with many fans, with a big manager. I said yes directly."
"It was an easy decision, I made my choice quickly. When I was told Newcastle, I said yes directly."
Riviere has yet to receive a call-up from the French senior team, believing that his stint at St. James' Park could help his objective of receiving a cap.
"For that too, I signed here. I want to get into the France team," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools