Transfer News: Recent Newcastle Signing Determined to 'Adapt Quickly to the Premier League'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:49 AM EST
Recent Newcastle United signing Emmanuel Riviere is determined to make an impact in the Premier League straight away, after moving from AS Monaco.
The 24-year-old made 30 appearances in the Ligue 1, though starting only 19 times, tallying 10 goals and an assist, enough to attract interest from Alan Pardew, who has opted to bring in players from France's top-flight as he deems it financially viable.
"I want to adapt quickly to the Premier League because the Premier League is not Ligue 1. Ligue 1 is different," said the former Toulouse man.
"I want to work hard to adapt fast to the Premier League and play at Newcastle."
"When Newcastle phoned me, I said yes directly because Newcastle is a big club with many fans, with a big manager. I said yes directly."
"It was an easy decision, I made my choice quickly. When I was told Newcastle, I said yes directly."
Riviere has yet to receive a call-up from the French senior team, believing that his stint at St. James' Park could help his objective of receiving a cap.
"For that too, I signed here. I want to get into the France team," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales