Transfer News: Recent Newcastle Signing Determined to 'Adapt Quickly to the Premier League'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:49 AM EST
Recent Newcastle United signing Emmanuel Riviere is determined to make an impact in the Premier League straight away, after moving from AS Monaco.
The 24-year-old made 30 appearances in the Ligue 1, though starting only 19 times, tallying 10 goals and an assist, enough to attract interest from Alan Pardew, who has opted to bring in players from France's top-flight as he deems it financially viable.
"I want to adapt quickly to the Premier League because the Premier League is not Ligue 1. Ligue 1 is different," said the former Toulouse man.
"I want to work hard to adapt fast to the Premier League and play at Newcastle."
"When Newcastle phoned me, I said yes directly because Newcastle is a big club with many fans, with a big manager. I said yes directly."
"It was an easy decision, I made my choice quickly. When I was told Newcastle, I said yes directly."
Riviere has yet to receive a call-up from the French senior team, believing that his stint at St. James' Park could help his objective of receiving a cap.
"For that too, I signed here. I want to get into the France team," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone