Transfer News: Manchester United Legend Moves to Loftus Road
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:13 AM EST
Manchester United living legend and defender Rio Ferdinand made a recent move to Loftus Road, joining Premier League returnees Queens Park Rangers on a free-transfer.
The 35-year-old former England international saw his contract ran out this July, and apparently, the new gaffer Louis van Gaal is out to look for new blood to get the magic back to the red side of Manchester, signing Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera as a start.
"Thumbs up re medical now on to the exciting part #Signature EnRoute to Loftus Road," the London native posted on social media.
— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5) July 17, 2014
Ferdinand spent twelve seasons at Old Trafford, still holding the record for being the most expensive centre-back bought by an English club, with a reported fee of £33.1million in 2002 from Leeds United.
Surely, he isn't the old Rio who could be relied upon to make those last-line tackles that could prevent goalscoring opportunities from the opposition as his aging legs have already lost quite some pace, but his wit and experience could definitely give QPR some stability on the pitch or even inside the dressing room.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery