Transfer News: Manchester United Legend Moves to Loftus Road
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:13 AM EST
Manchester United living legend and defender Rio Ferdinand made a recent move to Loftus Road, joining Premier League returnees Queens Park Rangers on a free-transfer.
The 35-year-old former England international saw his contract ran out this July, and apparently, the new gaffer Louis van Gaal is out to look for new blood to get the magic back to the red side of Manchester, signing Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera as a start.
"Thumbs up re medical now on to the exciting part #Signature EnRoute to Loftus Road," the London native posted on social media.
— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5) July 17, 2014
Ferdinand spent twelve seasons at Old Trafford, still holding the record for being the most expensive centre-back bought by an English club, with a reported fee of £33.1million in 2002 from Leeds United.
Surely, he isn't the old Rio who could be relied upon to make those last-line tackles that could prevent goalscoring opportunities from the opposition as his aging legs have already lost quite some pace, but his wit and experience could definitely give QPR some stability on the pitch or even inside the dressing room.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery