Transfer News: Manchester United Legend Moves to Loftus Road
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 4:13 AM EST
Manchester United living legend and defender Rio Ferdinand made a recent move to Loftus Road, joining Premier League returnees Queens Park Rangers on a free-transfer.
The 35-year-old former England international saw his contract ran out this July, and apparently, the new gaffer Louis van Gaal is out to look for new blood to get the magic back to the red side of Manchester, signing Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera as a start.
"Thumbs up re medical now on to the exciting part #Signature EnRoute to Loftus Road," the London native posted on social media.
— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5) July 17, 2014
Ferdinand spent twelve seasons at Old Trafford, still holding the record for being the most expensive centre-back bought by an English club, with a reported fee of £33.1million in 2002 from Leeds United.
Surely, he isn't the old Rio who could be relied upon to make those last-line tackles that could prevent goalscoring opportunities from the opposition as his aging legs have already lost quite some pace, but his wit and experience could definitely give QPR some stability on the pitch or even inside the dressing room.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29