Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Shonda Rhimes Teases Centre of New Chapter, Memories of Lexie Grey Expected to Flood Fans
By Arlene Paredes | July 18, 2014 4:04 AM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 spoilers are starting to trickle in, as series creator Shonda Rhimes dishes some juicy insider's information on this new chapter on ABC. Meanwhile, fans who bawled over the death of Lexie Grey will be flooded with memories, based on Rhimes' spoilers. This season, the Shondaland queen says the centre of the show is half of the BFFs in Season 1.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains Grey's Anatomy Season 11 spoilers. Read at your own risk.
In separate interviews, ABC show boss Shonda Rhimes answers some of the most important questions pertaining to Grey's Anatomy Season 11. One of the top questions: Is Maggie really, truly, Meredith's half-sister?
In the finale of Grey's Anatomy Season 10, Dr. Margaret "Maggie" Pierce (Kelly McCreary) inadvertently tells Dr Webber (James Pickens Jr) that she is his daughter. At least it looked like that to the viewers. Shondaland, however, always leaves fans asking: "Seriously?" Ms Rhimes herself confirmed this to TVLine.
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Speculations: Memories of Lexie Grey
Now that it is confirmed that Maggie and Meredith are sisters, Lexie Grey (Chyler Leigh) fans should brace themselves for the flooding of Lexie memories in Grey's Anatomy Season 11. Here are three key reasons:
1. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) is the centre of Grey's Anatomy Season 11, according to Rhimes. Her Cristina-related separation anxiety, her thoughts about her husband being away -- and of course, her grieving over Lexie's death (which fans have seen little of in the previous seasons).
"He's not the sun. You are." This line is expected to resonate throughout Grey's Anatomy Season 11. This is Cristina Yang's (Sandra Oh) wisdom-laden parting words to her Person. Grey and Yang are the BFF centre of the series from Seasons 1 through 10.
2. "Maggie has been a piece of story that we have had and known about since Season 4 - well, honestly since the beginning," Rhimes told TV Guide. Lexie Grey was introduced in Grey's Anatomy Season 3, Episode 24 ("Testing 1-2-3"), but her story was really explored in Season 4. Rhimes mentioning Season 4 in relation to Maggie implies Lexie Grey story connections.
3. The manner by which Meredith treats Maggie in Grey's Anatomy Season 12 hinges on the lessons Mer has learned from her relationship with Lexie. The moment Mer learns that Maggie is her sister, and every time Maggie is on screen, the ghost of Lexie Grey will be haunting the show's avid fans.
The Grey's Anatomy Season 11 premiere date is on Sept. 25, according to this ABC online page.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
Elementary Season 3 Spoilers, Casting: Sherlock's New Partner, Watson's New Boyfriend; Dynamic Changes Expected [READ]
NCIS Season 12 Updates: Cote de Pablo's Ziva David Concerns, Actress Back on TV with Another 'Mark' [REVIEW, SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate