Transfer News: Freiburg Defender Signs with Borussia Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Freiburg defender Matthias Ginter is officially a part of the Borussia Dortmund squad, following a confirmation made by the Bundesliga runners-up.
The 20-year-old Germany international, who was included in Joachim Low's 23-man World Cup-winning roster, revealed that the recent move was a "childhood dream" realized.
“I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club.” - Matthias Ginter (third from left)
"I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club," the 6 ft 2 in centre-back told UEFA.com.
"I am looking forward to the unbelievable atmosphere in the stadium and being part of this wonderful team after my World Cup holiday."
While Ginter did not feature in any of the games in Brazil, the mere fact that he was selected speaks a lot about his quality.
He made 70 appearances in the German top-flight for Freiburg in his 2-season tenure as a senior, while experiencing a little bit of European football when the Breisgau-Brasilianer qualified for the 2013/14 season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage