Transfer News: Freiburg Defender Signs with Borussia Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Freiburg defender Matthias Ginter is officially a part of the Borussia Dortmund squad, following a confirmation made by the Bundesliga runners-up.
The 20-year-old Germany international, who was included in Joachim Low's 23-man World Cup-winning roster, revealed that the recent move was a "childhood dream" realized.
“I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club.” - Matthias Ginter (third from left)
"I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club," the 6 ft 2 in centre-back told UEFA.com.
"I am looking forward to the unbelievable atmosphere in the stadium and being part of this wonderful team after my World Cup holiday."
While Ginter did not feature in any of the games in Brazil, the mere fact that he was selected speaks a lot about his quality.
He made 70 appearances in the German top-flight for Freiburg in his 2-season tenure as a senior, while experiencing a little bit of European football when the Breisgau-Brasilianer qualified for the 2013/14 season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy