Transfer News: Freiburg Defender Signs with Borussia Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Freiburg defender Matthias Ginter is officially a part of the Borussia Dortmund squad, following a confirmation made by the Bundesliga runners-up.
The 20-year-old Germany international, who was included in Joachim Low's 23-man World Cup-winning roster, revealed that the recent move was a "childhood dream" realized.
“I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club.” - Matthias Ginter (third from left)
"I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club," the 6 ft 2 in centre-back told UEFA.com.
"I am looking forward to the unbelievable atmosphere in the stadium and being part of this wonderful team after my World Cup holiday."
While Ginter did not feature in any of the games in Brazil, the mere fact that he was selected speaks a lot about his quality.
He made 70 appearances in the German top-flight for Freiburg in his 2-season tenure as a senior, while experiencing a little bit of European football when the Breisgau-Brasilianer qualified for the 2013/14 season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season