Transfer News: Freiburg Defender Signs with Borussia Dortmund
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 18, 2014 3:05 AM EST
Freiburg defender Matthias Ginter is officially a part of the Borussia Dortmund squad, following a confirmation made by the Bundesliga runners-up.
The 20-year-old Germany international, who was included in Joachim Low's 23-man World Cup-winning roster, revealed that the recent move was a "childhood dream" realized.
“I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club.” - Matthias Ginter (third from left)
"I have always been a huge BVB fan and can now wear the shirt of my favourite club," the 6 ft 2 in centre-back told UEFA.com.
"I am looking forward to the unbelievable atmosphere in the stadium and being part of this wonderful team after my World Cup holiday."
While Ginter did not feature in any of the games in Brazil, the mere fact that he was selected speaks a lot about his quality.
He made 70 appearances in the German top-flight for Freiburg in his 2-season tenure as a senior, while experiencing a little bit of European football when the Breisgau-Brasilianer qualified for the 2013/14 season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase