Offspring Season 6 Update, Nina’s Revelation Changes Things for Billie in Episode 10 of Season 5
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 17, 2014 7:53 PM EST
The Season 5 of "Offspring" is fast barrelling towards its end and there is still no confirmation about Season 6. Without providing any confirmation, Network Ten has indicated that it does not intend to axe one of its popular shows. According to reports, they are currently discussing how to keep the show running.
There is much uncertainty surrounding the renewal of "Offspring" for Season 6, mainly because a show benefits from the Government's tax rebate only till 65 episodes. According to Sydney Morning Herald (SMH), any future production of the show is estimated to cost 30 per cent more.
Beverley McGarvey, head of programming at Network Ten, however does not see the potential rise in the production cost as a major issue. She said to SMH, "There has been five seasons but dramas can go a lot longer than that. We're in the process now of talking about how we would keep going."
McGarvey also indicated that the channel wishes to keep the show running for a long time, as long as the people want to see "Offspring."
SMH reports that Asher Keddie, who plays Nina Proudman, is not averse to the idea of doing another season of "Offspring."
Meanwhile, the episode 10 of Season 5 saw Nina taking another step towards Thomas, as she introduced him to her family. But before that, her father, who was at Nina's home as Zoe's babysitter, caught her and Thomas making out on the kitchen table.
Also, Nina found out from Jimmy that Mick is still pining for Billie. She also came to know that Mick broke-up with his girlfriend Mimi. She met Mick and told him that it is better he does not tell Billie that he has broken-up with Mimi.
When Mick and Billie met for lunch, Mick does not mention anything about his break-up or that he still loves Billie. The two ended their conversation by agreeing to put their house on the market. Later at the bar, Billie arrived with Lawrence and introduced him to Mick. Afterwards, Lawrence told Billie that he saw the connection between her and Mick, adding that it did not bother him.
Nina found herself in a dilemma, as she felt that it is not right to keep Billie in the dark about Mick and Mimi's break-up. She sought Leo's advice on the matter, without revealing the names of her sister and Mick. Leo suggested that it is better to tell the truth.
At home, Nina told Billie that Mick and Mimi have broken-up. Billie was shocked to hear that and felt that the revelation about the break-up changes everything.
Also in the episode, Dr Clegg was having difficulty keeping a distance from Cherie. To maintain that distance, he offered to baby sit five kids and relieved Zara from her babysitting duty, and asked her to join the rest at the bar. However, the day had something else planned for him. Cherie arrived at the house. The two soon caved-in and kissed and probably made-out, as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch