‘Game of Thrones’ Star Alfie Allen Bans Sister Lily Allen From Talking About The Show [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 17, 2014 6:35 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” is a restricted subject for Lily Allen. The 29-year-old pop star has been banned by his brother Alfie Allen, who stars in the HBO show as Theon Greyjoy, to talk about the series after allegedly lying about her near-involvement in the series.
Singer Lily Allen arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In May, Lily told a Reddit user that she was offered a role in the fantasy series as Yara Greyjoy, Theon’s older sister. However, she declined after she found out what the role entailed
“But I’ve been asked to do a Game of Thrones cameo, they asked me if I’d be interested in playing Theon’s sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s***,” she wrote on the site.
“Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks.”
Apparently, that was just a lie. Alfie, 27, called her sister out on it during an interview with Vulture, saying she was never offered a role.
“The only thing I’m going to say on that is that it’s not true,” he said. “And also that Gemma Whalen was always their first choice for the part. And she’s fantastic. And that’s the one thing I’m going to say about that.”
When asked to clarify the whole thing, Lily told Sydney radio station Nova 969 that she is not allowed to talk about “Game of Thrones” anymore.
“You know what I am not going to talk about it,” she said, referring to the show. “I’m not even allowed to mention the letters of what the show starts with. Alfie put me under strict orders.”
If Alfie seemed a bit mean to his sister, it’s just perhaps part of their sibling love-hate relationship.
In 2007, Lily released a song titled “Alfie” about her lazy brother who didn’t have a job. She explained that she wrote the song to prove how much she loved him, but he thought she was just being mean to him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced