‘Game of Thrones’ Star Alfie Allen Bans Sister Lily Allen From Talking About The Show [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 17, 2014 6:35 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” is a restricted subject for Lily Allen. The 29-year-old pop star has been banned by his brother Alfie Allen, who stars in the HBO show as Theon Greyjoy, to talk about the series after allegedly lying about her near-involvement in the series.
Singer Lily Allen arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In May, Lily told a Reddit user that she was offered a role in the fantasy series as Yara Greyjoy, Theon’s older sister. However, she declined after she found out what the role entailed
“But I’ve been asked to do a Game of Thrones cameo, they asked me if I’d be interested in playing Theon’s sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s***,” she wrote on the site.
“Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks.”
Apparently, that was just a lie. Alfie, 27, called her sister out on it during an interview with Vulture, saying she was never offered a role.
“The only thing I’m going to say on that is that it’s not true,” he said. “And also that Gemma Whalen was always their first choice for the part. And she’s fantastic. And that’s the one thing I’m going to say about that.”
When asked to clarify the whole thing, Lily told Sydney radio station Nova 969 that she is not allowed to talk about “Game of Thrones” anymore.
“You know what I am not going to talk about it,” she said, referring to the show. “I’m not even allowed to mention the letters of what the show starts with. Alfie put me under strict orders.”
If Alfie seemed a bit mean to his sister, it’s just perhaps part of their sibling love-hate relationship.
In 2007, Lily released a song titled “Alfie” about her lazy brother who didn’t have a job. She explained that she wrote the song to prove how much she loved him, but he thought she was just being mean to him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- 'The Expendables 3' Torrent Leak: The Box-Office Numbers to Get Affected
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup