‘Game of Thrones’ Star Alfie Allen Bans Sister Lily Allen From Talking About The Show [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 17, 2014 6:35 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” is a restricted subject for Lily Allen. The 29-year-old pop star has been banned by his brother Alfie Allen, who stars in the HBO show as Theon Greyjoy, to talk about the series after allegedly lying about her near-involvement in the series.
Singer Lily Allen arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In May, Lily told a Reddit user that she was offered a role in the fantasy series as Yara Greyjoy, Theon’s older sister. However, she declined after she found out what the role entailed
“But I’ve been asked to do a Game of Thrones cameo, they asked me if I’d be interested in playing Theon’s sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s***,” she wrote on the site.
“Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks.”
Apparently, that was just a lie. Alfie, 27, called her sister out on it during an interview with Vulture, saying she was never offered a role.
“The only thing I’m going to say on that is that it’s not true,” he said. “And also that Gemma Whalen was always their first choice for the part. And she’s fantastic. And that’s the one thing I’m going to say about that.”
When asked to clarify the whole thing, Lily told Sydney radio station Nova 969 that she is not allowed to talk about “Game of Thrones” anymore.
“You know what I am not going to talk about it,” she said, referring to the show. “I’m not even allowed to mention the letters of what the show starts with. Alfie put me under strict orders.”
If Alfie seemed a bit mean to his sister, it’s just perhaps part of their sibling love-hate relationship.
In 2007, Lily released a song titled “Alfie” about her lazy brother who didn’t have a job. She explained that she wrote the song to prove how much she loved him, but he thought she was just being mean to him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date