‘Game of Thrones’ Star Alfie Allen Bans Sister Lily Allen From Talking About The Show [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 17, 2014 6:35 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” is a restricted subject for Lily Allen. The 29-year-old pop star has been banned by his brother Alfie Allen, who stars in the HBO show as Theon Greyjoy, to talk about the series after allegedly lying about her near-involvement in the series.
Singer Lily Allen arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In May, Lily told a Reddit user that she was offered a role in the fantasy series as Yara Greyjoy, Theon’s older sister. However, she declined after she found out what the role entailed
“But I’ve been asked to do a Game of Thrones cameo, they asked me if I’d be interested in playing Theon’s sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s***,” she wrote on the site.
“Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks.”
Apparently, that was just a lie. Alfie, 27, called her sister out on it during an interview with Vulture, saying she was never offered a role.
“The only thing I’m going to say on that is that it’s not true,” he said. “And also that Gemma Whalen was always their first choice for the part. And she’s fantastic. And that’s the one thing I’m going to say about that.”
When asked to clarify the whole thing, Lily told Sydney radio station Nova 969 that she is not allowed to talk about “Game of Thrones” anymore.
“You know what I am not going to talk about it,” she said, referring to the show. “I’m not even allowed to mention the letters of what the show starts with. Alfie put me under strict orders.”
If Alfie seemed a bit mean to his sister, it’s just perhaps part of their sibling love-hate relationship.
In 2007, Lily released a song titled “Alfie” about her lazy brother who didn’t have a job. She explained that she wrote the song to prove how much she loved him, but he thought she was just being mean to him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop