‘Game of Thrones’ Star Alfie Allen Bans Sister Lily Allen From Talking About The Show [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 17, 2014 6:35 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” is a restricted subject for Lily Allen. The 29-year-old pop star has been banned by his brother Alfie Allen, who stars in the HBO show as Theon Greyjoy, to talk about the series after allegedly lying about her near-involvement in the series.
Singer Lily Allen arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of \"Charles James: Beyond Fashion\" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
In May, Lily told a Reddit user that she was offered a role in the fantasy series as Yara Greyjoy, Theon’s older sister. However, she declined after she found out what the role entailed
“But I’ve been asked to do a Game of Thrones cameo, they asked me if I’d be interested in playing Theon’s sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s***,” she wrote on the site.
“Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks.”
Apparently, that was just a lie. Alfie, 27, called her sister out on it during an interview with Vulture, saying she was never offered a role.
“The only thing I’m going to say on that is that it’s not true,” he said. “And also that Gemma Whalen was always their first choice for the part. And she’s fantastic. And that’s the one thing I’m going to say about that.”
When asked to clarify the whole thing, Lily told Sydney radio station Nova 969 that she is not allowed to talk about “Game of Thrones” anymore.
“You know what I am not going to talk about it,” she said, referring to the show. “I’m not even allowed to mention the letters of what the show starts with. Alfie put me under strict orders.”
If Alfie seemed a bit mean to his sister, it’s just perhaps part of their sibling love-hate relationship.
In 2007, Lily released a song titled “Alfie” about her lazy brother who didn’t have a job. She explained that she wrote the song to prove how much she loved him, but he thought she was just being mean to him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports