Kim Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian Accused of Breaking The Peace at The Hamptons
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 17, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Residents of The Hamptons are not happy that the Kardashians are in town. In fact, one of the trustees declared that the police should be called if the Kardashians are spotted filming on Indian Wells beach.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California, March 2, 2014.
The Kardashian sisters particularly Khloe and Kourtney have rented a home in the Hamptons for the summer while filming their reality show spin-off "Khloe and Kourtney Take The Hamptons." At the same time the sisters are overseeing operations in a new branch of their fashion retail store DASH which they have opened in the vicinity.
Diane McNally, a Trustee of the East Hamptons has stated that the Kardashians are disruptive in the community and that they should be reported if they are spotted filming in Indian Wells beach.
The Hamptons are located in Long Island New York and the villages of Southampton and East Hampton which is located by the sea have become popular weekend getaway or summer destinations for partying New Yorkers. While the place acts as a resort town, there are permanent residents in the area where some of the country's most expensive residences are located.
During the summer, the number of tourists on the beach inflates and this is a cause for concern among the residents who are in the process of making policies against allowing alcohol consumption in specific areas to deter young party-goers from frequenting the relaxing vibe in the area.
This summer with the arrival of the Kardashian clan, local residents are not only anticipating the usual onslaught of weekend revellers, the paparazzi and other drama is reportedly a concern brought about by the presence of the reality stars.
"Just yesterday at Indian Wells Beach, a beautiful and quiet day without any tourists, we were surrounded and our peace shattered by filmmakers and paparazzi accompanying the Kardashians." said local resident Joan Tulp in a report published in 27east.com, the local Hamptons news site.
Despite allegations by the trustees that the Kardashians have not been given permission to film on Indian Wells, the same report in the Web site states that East Hampton Town did issue a permit for filming in the location for a duration of one and a half hours.
Filming has been taking place in and around the rental home along Noyac Road in the North Sea as well as in and around the store in Jobs lane and Main Street in Southampton village.
Meanwhile more troubles plague the family during their stay at The Hamptons as a theft has been reported by Kourtney Kardashian's partner Scott Disick where $4,000 was apparently stolen from their rented home.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown