Man Eats Milkybar With A 'Penis' During World Cup Finals
By Tanya Diente | July 17, 2014 5:20 PM EST
A man was surprised to see a "penis" was moulded into his Milkybar but he ate and swallowed it anyway.
While the World Cup Finals was airing the game between Germany and Argentina on Sunday, lawyer Robin Jacobs decided to enjoy the game with a Milkybar. However, he nearly choked upon seeing a "penis" was moulded into it.
Paul Bulcke, Chief Executive Officer of Swiss food maker Nestle, the world's largest consumer goods firm, reacts during an interview with Reuters in Paris, June 18, 2014. Bulcke defended the company's structure, saying it allows Nestle to scale up behind-the-scenes functions like research and development that aid the entire group. Size works well, Bulcke said, as long as the front end of the businesses can operate independently. Picture taken June 18, 2014.
According to Mirror UK, the 31-year-old from London was stunned to discover that a phallic symbol was carved into the spot where the horse's head was supposed to be, beside the Milkybar Kid (see photos in link above).
Robin told Mirror that the image is "inappropriate for children."
"What on earth is a penis doing on a kids chocolate bar? There's no point denying what it looks like. It is obvious—we can all see it," he said.
He recalled not seeing the image before; thus, he was a bit surprised to see it. Robin Jacobs said he bought the Milkybar from a Tesco store in South Woodford. The lawyer reiterated the image was absolutely not suitable for children. He stated the penis shape was even moulded to be bigger than the kid's head. He also claimed that whoever made it must have known what it looked like. He also couldn't understand why a "penis" would be moulded into a Milkybar. He decided to eat the chocolate anyway but admitted he was a "little put off" by the image.
A Nestle spokesperson said in defence of the image that it's, in fact a large engraving of the Milkybar Kid's horse.
"Nestlé is surprised and sorry to hear that Mr Jacobs thought the picture on the Milkybar resembles male genitalia, it is in fact an image of a horse's head," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson further added that Nestle had no intention of creating products that would mislead to anything offensive. The spokesperson said Nestle "apologises for any confusion or embarrassment" the incident may have caused.
Robin Jacobs, on the other hand, said that now he would always remember the 2014 World Cup as the "Milky Bar Penis."
The Milkybar was launched in 1936. Nestle claims it to be the No. 1 White Chocolate brand. The iconic Milkybar kid made its first appearance in 1961. He was originally portrayed by Terry Brooks who is now 63 years old.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop