Man Eats Milkybar With A 'Penis' During World Cup Finals
By Tanya Diente | July 17, 2014 5:20 PM EST
A man was surprised to see a "penis" was moulded into his Milkybar but he ate and swallowed it anyway.
While the World Cup Finals was airing the game between Germany and Argentina on Sunday, lawyer Robin Jacobs decided to enjoy the game with a Milkybar. However, he nearly choked upon seeing a "penis" was moulded into it.
Paul Bulcke, Chief Executive Officer of Swiss food maker Nestle, the world's largest consumer goods firm, reacts during an interview with Reuters in Paris, June 18, 2014. Bulcke defended the company's structure, saying it allows Nestle to scale up behind-the-scenes functions like research and development that aid the entire group. Size works well, Bulcke said, as long as the front end of the businesses can operate independently. Picture taken June 18, 2014.
According to Mirror UK, the 31-year-old from London was stunned to discover that a phallic symbol was carved into the spot where the horse's head was supposed to be, beside the Milkybar Kid (see photos in link above).
Robin told Mirror that the image is "inappropriate for children."
"What on earth is a penis doing on a kids chocolate bar? There's no point denying what it looks like. It is obvious—we can all see it," he said.
He recalled not seeing the image before; thus, he was a bit surprised to see it. Robin Jacobs said he bought the Milkybar from a Tesco store in South Woodford. The lawyer reiterated the image was absolutely not suitable for children. He stated the penis shape was even moulded to be bigger than the kid's head. He also claimed that whoever made it must have known what it looked like. He also couldn't understand why a "penis" would be moulded into a Milkybar. He decided to eat the chocolate anyway but admitted he was a "little put off" by the image.
A Nestle spokesperson said in defence of the image that it's, in fact a large engraving of the Milkybar Kid's horse.
"Nestlé is surprised and sorry to hear that Mr Jacobs thought the picture on the Milkybar resembles male genitalia, it is in fact an image of a horse's head," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson further added that Nestle had no intention of creating products that would mislead to anything offensive. The spokesperson said Nestle "apologises for any confusion or embarrassment" the incident may have caused.
Robin Jacobs, on the other hand, said that now he would always remember the 2014 World Cup as the "Milky Bar Penis."
The Milkybar was launched in 1936. Nestle claims it to be the No. 1 White Chocolate brand. The iconic Milkybar kid made its first appearance in 1961. He was originally portrayed by Terry Brooks who is now 63 years old.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Centerplate CEO Des Hague Caught Abusing Dog In Vancouver Building Elevator [VIDEO]
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Major Highlights On 1400 Minor’s Sex Assault
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko