Man Eats Milkybar With A 'Penis' During World Cup Finals
By Tanya Diente | July 17, 2014 5:20 PM EST
A man was surprised to see a "penis" was moulded into his Milkybar but he ate and swallowed it anyway.
While the World Cup Finals was airing the game between Germany and Argentina on Sunday, lawyer Robin Jacobs decided to enjoy the game with a Milkybar. However, he nearly choked upon seeing a "penis" was moulded into it.
Paul Bulcke, Chief Executive Officer of Swiss food maker Nestle, the world's largest consumer goods firm, reacts during an interview with Reuters in Paris, June 18, 2014. Bulcke defended the company's structure, saying it allows Nestle to scale up behind-the-scenes functions like research and development that aid the entire group. Size works well, Bulcke said, as long as the front end of the businesses can operate independently. Picture taken June 18, 2014.
According to Mirror UK, the 31-year-old from London was stunned to discover that a phallic symbol was carved into the spot where the horse's head was supposed to be, beside the Milkybar Kid (see photos in link above).
Robin told Mirror that the image is "inappropriate for children."
"What on earth is a penis doing on a kids chocolate bar? There's no point denying what it looks like. It is obvious—we can all see it," he said.
He recalled not seeing the image before; thus, he was a bit surprised to see it. Robin Jacobs said he bought the Milkybar from a Tesco store in South Woodford. The lawyer reiterated the image was absolutely not suitable for children. He stated the penis shape was even moulded to be bigger than the kid's head. He also claimed that whoever made it must have known what it looked like. He also couldn't understand why a "penis" would be moulded into a Milkybar. He decided to eat the chocolate anyway but admitted he was a "little put off" by the image.
A Nestle spokesperson said in defence of the image that it's, in fact a large engraving of the Milkybar Kid's horse.
"Nestlé is surprised and sorry to hear that Mr Jacobs thought the picture on the Milkybar resembles male genitalia, it is in fact an image of a horse's head," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson further added that Nestle had no intention of creating products that would mislead to anything offensive. The spokesperson said Nestle "apologises for any confusion or embarrassment" the incident may have caused.
Robin Jacobs, on the other hand, said that now he would always remember the 2014 World Cup as the "Milky Bar Penis."
The Milkybar was launched in 1936. Nestle claims it to be the No. 1 White Chocolate brand. The iconic Milkybar kid made its first appearance in 1961. He was originally portrayed by Terry Brooks who is now 63 years old.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon