Roger Federer ‘Skypes’ with Tiger Woods’ GF Lindsey Vonn, Challenges Her to Play Tennis at a Glacier Mountain
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 2:03 PM EST
In a video shared by popular Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt, 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer makes a Skype video call to American World Cup alpine ski racer Lindsey Vonn. The video that lasted nearly three minutes shows Federer challenging Vonn for a game at a glacier mountain.
Roger Federer of Switzerland acknowledges spectators after winning his men's singles match against Diego Sebastian Schwartzman of Argentina at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris May 28, 2014. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier
According to The Local, the video is part of a promotion for Lindt Chocolate, which opens a new store at the Jungfraujoch. Federer and Vonn played tennis at the top of the Jungfrau Railway, 3,454 metres above sea level on July 17 for a Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate shop at the Bernese Oberland station.
Federer is reportedly "amazed" how the Zurich-based chocolate manufacturer comes up with great ideas to promote their products. "Today on the Jungfraujoch was a real highlight for me," said Federer in a statement.
Lindt & Sprüngli's chief executive officer and chairman Ernst Tanner said that the new advertising targets to promote Lindt chocolate to tourists from all over the globe. "With the themed chocolate shop at the Jungfraujoch, we have positioned our brand to a lofty height," said Mr. Tanner. "Our aim is to introduce tourists from abroad to our Lindt chocolate up there," he added.
Vonn's dream of playing tennis with Federer finally came true. In 2013, Vonn tweeted about how she wanted to play tennis with the third-ranked tennis athlete.
If you could watch me play any other athlete in any other sport (other than our own sport), what sport and what athlete? #AskedRF— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer I'll ski with u if u play tennis with me :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer bring it Fed! I have been playing a lot of tennis this summer :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
Federer became Lindt & Sprüngli's global brand ambassador in 2009. It was the first time in more than 165 years of the company's history that a famous personality has been signed as the ambassador.
Watch Federer "skypes" with Vonn in the video below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/LindtChocolateWorld
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- 10 Celebrities Who Took The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt & LeBron James [VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists