Roger Federer ‘Skypes’ with Tiger Woods’ GF Lindsey Vonn, Challenges Her to Play Tennis at a Glacier Mountain
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 2:03 PM EST
In a video shared by popular Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt, 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer makes a Skype video call to American World Cup alpine ski racer Lindsey Vonn. The video that lasted nearly three minutes shows Federer challenging Vonn for a game at a glacier mountain.
Roger Federer of Switzerland acknowledges spectators after winning his men's singles match against Diego Sebastian Schwartzman of Argentina at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris May 28, 2014. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier
According to The Local, the video is part of a promotion for Lindt Chocolate, which opens a new store at the Jungfraujoch. Federer and Vonn played tennis at the top of the Jungfrau Railway, 3,454 metres above sea level on July 17 for a Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate shop at the Bernese Oberland station.
Federer is reportedly "amazed" how the Zurich-based chocolate manufacturer comes up with great ideas to promote their products. "Today on the Jungfraujoch was a real highlight for me," said Federer in a statement.
Lindt & Sprüngli's chief executive officer and chairman Ernst Tanner said that the new advertising targets to promote Lindt chocolate to tourists from all over the globe. "With the themed chocolate shop at the Jungfraujoch, we have positioned our brand to a lofty height," said Mr. Tanner. "Our aim is to introduce tourists from abroad to our Lindt chocolate up there," he added.
Vonn's dream of playing tennis with Federer finally came true. In 2013, Vonn tweeted about how she wanted to play tennis with the third-ranked tennis athlete.
If you could watch me play any other athlete in any other sport (other than our own sport), what sport and what athlete? #AskedRF— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer I'll ski with u if u play tennis with me :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer bring it Fed! I have been playing a lot of tennis this summer :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
Federer became Lindt & Sprüngli's global brand ambassador in 2009. It was the first time in more than 165 years of the company's history that a famous personality has been signed as the ambassador.
Watch Federer "skypes" with Vonn in the video below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/LindtChocolateWorld
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move