Roger Federer ‘Skypes’ with Tiger Woods’ GF Lindsey Vonn, Challenges Her to Play Tennis at a Glacier Mountain
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 2:03 PM EST
In a video shared by popular Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt, 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer makes a Skype video call to American World Cup alpine ski racer Lindsey Vonn. The video that lasted nearly three minutes shows Federer challenging Vonn for a game at a glacier mountain.
Roger Federer of Switzerland acknowledges spectators after winning his men's singles match against Diego Sebastian Schwartzman of Argentina at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris May 28, 2014. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier
According to The Local, the video is part of a promotion for Lindt Chocolate, which opens a new store at the Jungfraujoch. Federer and Vonn played tennis at the top of the Jungfrau Railway, 3,454 metres above sea level on July 17 for a Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate shop at the Bernese Oberland station.
Federer is reportedly "amazed" how the Zurich-based chocolate manufacturer comes up with great ideas to promote their products. "Today on the Jungfraujoch was a real highlight for me," said Federer in a statement.
Lindt & Sprüngli's chief executive officer and chairman Ernst Tanner said that the new advertising targets to promote Lindt chocolate to tourists from all over the globe. "With the themed chocolate shop at the Jungfraujoch, we have positioned our brand to a lofty height," said Mr. Tanner. "Our aim is to introduce tourists from abroad to our Lindt chocolate up there," he added.
Vonn's dream of playing tennis with Federer finally came true. In 2013, Vonn tweeted about how she wanted to play tennis with the third-ranked tennis athlete.
If you could watch me play any other athlete in any other sport (other than our own sport), what sport and what athlete? #AskedRF— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer I'll ski with u if u play tennis with me :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer bring it Fed! I have been playing a lot of tennis this summer :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
Federer became Lindt & Sprüngli's global brand ambassador in 2009. It was the first time in more than 165 years of the company's history that a famous personality has been signed as the ambassador.
Watch Federer "skypes" with Vonn in the video below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/LindtChocolateWorld
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga