Roger Federer ‘Skypes’ with Tiger Woods’ GF Lindsey Vonn, Challenges Her to Play Tennis at a Glacier Mountain
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 2:03 PM EST
In a video shared by popular Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt, 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer makes a Skype video call to American World Cup alpine ski racer Lindsey Vonn. The video that lasted nearly three minutes shows Federer challenging Vonn for a game at a glacier mountain.
Roger Federer of Switzerland acknowledges spectators after winning his men's singles match against Diego Sebastian Schwartzman of Argentina at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris May 28, 2014. REUTERS/Jean-Paul Pelissier
According to The Local, the video is part of a promotion for Lindt Chocolate, which opens a new store at the Jungfraujoch. Federer and Vonn played tennis at the top of the Jungfrau Railway, 3,454 metres above sea level on July 17 for a Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate shop at the Bernese Oberland station.
Federer is reportedly "amazed" how the Zurich-based chocolate manufacturer comes up with great ideas to promote their products. "Today on the Jungfraujoch was a real highlight for me," said Federer in a statement.
Lindt & Sprüngli's chief executive officer and chairman Ernst Tanner said that the new advertising targets to promote Lindt chocolate to tourists from all over the globe. "With the themed chocolate shop at the Jungfraujoch, we have positioned our brand to a lofty height," said Mr. Tanner. "Our aim is to introduce tourists from abroad to our Lindt chocolate up there," he added.
Vonn's dream of playing tennis with Federer finally came true. In 2013, Vonn tweeted about how she wanted to play tennis with the third-ranked tennis athlete.
If you could watch me play any other athlete in any other sport (other than our own sport), what sport and what athlete? #AskedRF— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer I'll ski with u if u play tennis with me :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
@rogerfederer bring it Fed! I have been playing a lot of tennis this summer :)— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) October 29, 2013
Federer became Lindt & Sprüngli's global brand ambassador in 2009. It was the first time in more than 165 years of the company's history that a famous personality has been signed as the ambassador.
Watch Federer "skypes" with Vonn in the video below:
Video courtesy: YouTube/LindtChocolateWorld
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage