Redfoo ‘Heartbroken’ Over Split With Victoria Azarenka, Reveals Reason of Breakup
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Redfoo has spoken for the first time following his split from superstar tennis girlfriend of two years Victoria Azarenka. The LMFAO frontman, who is due to return as a judge in X Factor Australia, revealed in a recent interview that their "busy schedules" has been the cause of their breakup.
Victoria Azarenka of Belarus disputes a point during her women's singles final match against Serena Williams of the U.S. at Brisbane International tennis tournament. (Reuters)
It is clear that their busy schedules caused Redfoo and Azarenka to part ways. It hurts when a relationship ends and Redfoo admits that as much as he would like to make their love work, it is hard to keep it going because their respective careers get in the way.
"I want to cryogenically freeze the love, put it in a lab, and come back to it when everything is organised and I can appoint another captain of the ship," Redfoo told Who Magazine. "We both had strong careers and we both want to support each other," he added.
According to Redfoo, whose real name is Stefan Gordy, it was "tough" juggling career and personal life. "It was tough, I found myself oftentimes thinking more about their career." Apparently, Redfood and Azarenka's packed schedule was a big issue for the former couple.
In addition to his stint as a judge in the X Factor Australia, Redfoo will also be very busy with his 2014 tour. As posted on his official Web site, Redfoo will be touring Belgium, Spain, Greece, and the U.S. for the entire month of July until the first week of August.
Azarenka, on the other hand, is competing for Philadelphia Freedoms in World Team Tennis, Tennis World USA reported. Following her second round exit in the 2014 Wimbledon Championships, the former World No. 1 and two-time Australian Open champion is reportedly "flattered" that Freedoms owner Billie Jean invited her to play. She is excite to meet new talents and have fun in the matches.
"Tennis can be such an individual sport, and this is a time of the year when you can really team up," said Azarenka. "You bond and you meet some players you didn't know before."
This is the third time that Azarenka is taking part in the said tennis event. She competed in 2006 and 2010. Azarenka said that her goal is to win and she will to the best that she can. She is certainly on a winning form after defeating Daniela Hantuchova in Women's Singles. She has also partnered with Marcelo Melo in Mixed Doubles and won.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?