Redfoo ‘Heartbroken’ Over Split With Victoria Azarenka, Reveals Reason of Breakup
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Redfoo has spoken for the first time following his split from superstar tennis girlfriend of two years Victoria Azarenka. The LMFAO frontman, who is due to return as a judge in X Factor Australia, revealed in a recent interview that their "busy schedules" has been the cause of their breakup.
Victoria Azarenka of Belarus disputes a point during her women's singles final match against Serena Williams of the U.S. at Brisbane International tennis tournament. (Reuters)
It is clear that their busy schedules caused Redfoo and Azarenka to part ways. It hurts when a relationship ends and Redfoo admits that as much as he would like to make their love work, it is hard to keep it going because their respective careers get in the way.
"I want to cryogenically freeze the love, put it in a lab, and come back to it when everything is organised and I can appoint another captain of the ship," Redfoo told Who Magazine. "We both had strong careers and we both want to support each other," he added.
According to Redfoo, whose real name is Stefan Gordy, it was "tough" juggling career and personal life. "It was tough, I found myself oftentimes thinking more about their career." Apparently, Redfood and Azarenka's packed schedule was a big issue for the former couple.
In addition to his stint as a judge in the X Factor Australia, Redfoo will also be very busy with his 2014 tour. As posted on his official Web site, Redfoo will be touring Belgium, Spain, Greece, and the U.S. for the entire month of July until the first week of August.
Azarenka, on the other hand, is competing for Philadelphia Freedoms in World Team Tennis, Tennis World USA reported. Following her second round exit in the 2014 Wimbledon Championships, the former World No. 1 and two-time Australian Open champion is reportedly "flattered" that Freedoms owner Billie Jean invited her to play. She is excite to meet new talents and have fun in the matches.
"Tennis can be such an individual sport, and this is a time of the year when you can really team up," said Azarenka. "You bond and you meet some players you didn't know before."
This is the third time that Azarenka is taking part in the said tennis event. She competed in 2006 and 2010. Azarenka said that her goal is to win and she will to the best that she can. She is certainly on a winning form after defeating Daniela Hantuchova in Women's Singles. She has also partnered with Marcelo Melo in Mixed Doubles and won.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles