Redfoo ‘Heartbroken’ Over Split With Victoria Azarenka, Reveals Reason of Breakup
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Redfoo has spoken for the first time following his split from superstar tennis girlfriend of two years Victoria Azarenka. The LMFAO frontman, who is due to return as a judge in X Factor Australia, revealed in a recent interview that their "busy schedules" has been the cause of their breakup.
Victoria Azarenka of Belarus disputes a point during her women's singles final match against Serena Williams of the U.S. at Brisbane International tennis tournament. (Reuters)
It is clear that their busy schedules caused Redfoo and Azarenka to part ways. It hurts when a relationship ends and Redfoo admits that as much as he would like to make their love work, it is hard to keep it going because their respective careers get in the way.
"I want to cryogenically freeze the love, put it in a lab, and come back to it when everything is organised and I can appoint another captain of the ship," Redfoo told Who Magazine. "We both had strong careers and we both want to support each other," he added.
According to Redfoo, whose real name is Stefan Gordy, it was "tough" juggling career and personal life. "It was tough, I found myself oftentimes thinking more about their career." Apparently, Redfood and Azarenka's packed schedule was a big issue for the former couple.
In addition to his stint as a judge in the X Factor Australia, Redfoo will also be very busy with his 2014 tour. As posted on his official Web site, Redfoo will be touring Belgium, Spain, Greece, and the U.S. for the entire month of July until the first week of August.
Azarenka, on the other hand, is competing for Philadelphia Freedoms in World Team Tennis, Tennis World USA reported. Following her second round exit in the 2014 Wimbledon Championships, the former World No. 1 and two-time Australian Open champion is reportedly "flattered" that Freedoms owner Billie Jean invited her to play. She is excite to meet new talents and have fun in the matches.
"Tennis can be such an individual sport, and this is a time of the year when you can really team up," said Azarenka. "You bond and you meet some players you didn't know before."
This is the third time that Azarenka is taking part in the said tennis event. She competed in 2006 and 2010. Azarenka said that her goal is to win and she will to the best that she can. She is certainly on a winning form after defeating Daniela Hantuchova in Women's Singles. She has also partnered with Marcelo Melo in Mixed Doubles and won.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On