Redfoo ‘Heartbroken’ Over Split With Victoria Azarenka, Reveals Reason of Breakup
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 17, 2014 1:41 PM EST
Redfoo has spoken for the first time following his split from superstar tennis girlfriend of two years Victoria Azarenka. The LMFAO frontman, who is due to return as a judge in X Factor Australia, revealed in a recent interview that their "busy schedules" has been the cause of their breakup.
Victoria Azarenka of Belarus disputes a point during her women's singles final match against Serena Williams of the U.S. at Brisbane International tennis tournament. (Reuters)
It is clear that their busy schedules caused Redfoo and Azarenka to part ways. It hurts when a relationship ends and Redfoo admits that as much as he would like to make their love work, it is hard to keep it going because their respective careers get in the way.
"I want to cryogenically freeze the love, put it in a lab, and come back to it when everything is organised and I can appoint another captain of the ship," Redfoo told Who Magazine. "We both had strong careers and we both want to support each other," he added.
According to Redfoo, whose real name is Stefan Gordy, it was "tough" juggling career and personal life. "It was tough, I found myself oftentimes thinking more about their career." Apparently, Redfood and Azarenka's packed schedule was a big issue for the former couple.
In addition to his stint as a judge in the X Factor Australia, Redfoo will also be very busy with his 2014 tour. As posted on his official Web site, Redfoo will be touring Belgium, Spain, Greece, and the U.S. for the entire month of July until the first week of August.
Azarenka, on the other hand, is competing for Philadelphia Freedoms in World Team Tennis, Tennis World USA reported. Following her second round exit in the 2014 Wimbledon Championships, the former World No. 1 and two-time Australian Open champion is reportedly "flattered" that Freedoms owner Billie Jean invited her to play. She is excite to meet new talents and have fun in the matches.
"Tennis can be such an individual sport, and this is a time of the year when you can really team up," said Azarenka. "You bond and you meet some players you didn't know before."
This is the third time that Azarenka is taking part in the said tennis event. She competed in 2006 and 2010. Azarenka said that her goal is to win and she will to the best that she can. She is certainly on a winning form after defeating Daniela Hantuchova in Women's Singles. She has also partnered with Marcelo Melo in Mixed Doubles and won.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate