Avengers 2 Spoilers: Ultron As A Humanoid, Origin Details Revealed
By Tanya Diente | July 17, 2014 1:27 PM EST
With all the hype "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is getting, it's no wonder fans are getting excited on what's to come from this action sequel. So far news about the avengers' costume update has reached the net, with black widow and hulk reportedly sporting an improvised suit; black widow with her TRON-like electric suit and Hulk with his expandable pants. But so far very few details have been revealed about Ultron. Now reports have surfaced revealing Ultron's origin and the A.I. is said to evolve into a humanoid.
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The cast of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be returning to the Marvel's panel at Comic-con next Saturday according to Screenrant. They're said to reveal the names or characters of other marvel heroes in the sequel. In preparation for their upcoming panel, Entertainment Weekly teased fans with their latest Comic-con preview cover featuring the forefront heroes of the Avengers: Iron Man and Capt. America. Not to mention the ominous presence of Ultron standing behind them.
Marvel fans would be thrilled to see that Ultron has retained his design from the comics. However, Screenrant reported that the preview design is only one version of the deadly robot as he may be evolving in the later part of the film. This brings in the motion and face capture of James Spader who will also lend his voice to portray Ultron. It's still uncertain whether upon reveal Ultron will immediately feature Spader's real look or in the process of trying to become stronger will ultimately evolve into something akin to a human. As EW suggested, Ultron also has the capability to rebuild himself into other tougher and more terrifying physical forms.
Ultron's origin In "Avengers: Age of Ultron" starts with the Avengers.
In the sequel S.H.I.E.L.D. is no longer acting as the Earth's defense. This time it's up to the Avengers to respond to any otherworldly and unknown threats. STARK Towers also becomes their throne and as they plan their strategies for defense, Tony Stark himself develops an idea that would no longer require him to suit up as Iron Man and fight alongside the Avengers. He creates Ultron.
Utron's origin in the comics differs since Hank Pym aka Ant-Man originally created the A.I. However, as Screenrant mentioned, Joss Whedon had already warned fans about his plans of tweaking some parts of the sequel's storyline. Apparently, this is one of them.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Tony Stark created Ultron to lead his other legion of robots in the fight against evil. However, the artificial intelligence lacked the human touch and thus regards the humans as being the enemy. Soon he determines for himself that Earth would be peaceful if they were all eradicated.
Director Joss Whedon was quoted as saying, "Ultron sees the big picture and he goes, 'Okay, we need radical change, which will be violent and appalling, in order to make everything better'; he's not just going 'Muhaha, soon I'll rule!'"
However, Whedon also hinted that Ultron won't be the evil A.I. altogether in the movie.
"He's on a mission. He wants to save us," he said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date