Selena Gomez New Tattoo about Loving Herself First: Find Out Where She Got Inked
By nidhi tewari | July 17, 2014 1:26 PM EST
What is it with Tattoos and singers? Right from Justin Bieber to Miley Cyrus and Harry Styles, all have their bodies heavily tattooed since a long time now. Singer Selena Gomez too is following suit and has gotten a new tattoo in Arabic language recently which reportedly has a special meaning in her life.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
The 21-year-old singer got the ink from New York based celebrity tattoo artist Bang Bang McCurdy in New York City some time back. The artist has reportedly shared a picture of the "Come and Get it" singer with the media which shows Selena's new tattoo on the right side of her upper waist.
Selena is seen wearing a simple black vest and poses to show off her Arabic tattoo, which is inked in black colour. Selena looks great with her hair let loose as she poses for the tattoo artist. Selena's new ink, when translated in English, means one should keep yourself first and love yourself.
"Its meaning translates to "Love Yourself," Bang Bang revealed to E! Online adding that the Texan beauty had wanted to get this tattoo for a long time. She finally got it done about a month back when she visited the artist with a couple of her friends.
The singer shared the picture of the tattoo on her Instagram profile too and it can be seen here. "Art by @bangbangnyc --from my first to my last. It's always this fool," Selena captioned the picture as saying.
Selena has been writing a lot of inspirational quotes on her Instagram profile where she talks about prioritising herself first. "The moment you compare yourself [to other woman], it weakens you, and I am not here for that. Once you know that reality, [and] claim your space, your life becomes easier," Selena wrote on her Instagram some time back, quoting actress Zoe Saldana.
"Selena already had it written out how she wanted," Bang revealed to the Web site. "The tattoo is about 4 inches, and didn't take too long, probably about 30-45 minutes. The longest part is laying it out. We played with it a bit laying it out, until we found the perfect spot."
This is not the first tattoo of Selena, who has Justin Bieber as her on and off boyfriend. Justin reportedly has more than 20 tattoos on his body. Selena has close to five or six tattoos, the artist revealed to the publication adding that the brunette beauty is already planning for her next one too.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch