Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers and Confirmed Airdate: Shonda Rhimes Reveals Secrets of the Next Season; Things to Expect
By jaskiran kaur | July 17, 2014 1:02 PM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 will soon be returning, but with lots of changes in storyline since Season 10 finale. ABC's show's creator Shonda Rhimes has finally given out some significant details about the show's much-anticipated installment. Here are few spoilers from "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 as revealed by Shonda Rhimes, recently. Also, the show has finally got an airdate. Head inside to find out. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11. Read only if you want to learn more about it.
The fan- favourite medical drama featured the most heartbreaking send off in the Season finale. Along came a much unanticipated surprise twist, Maggie /Margaret Pierce (Kelly McCreary). She is presumably Meredith's (Ellen Pompeo) half-sister from Richard (James Pickens Jr.).
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 is expected to explore the storylines Shonda Rhimes introduced in the last-aired episode. The show will not see any time jump and pick from where it left when it premieres almost after two months.
In an interview with TV Guide, showrunner Shonda Rhimes spilled secrets about Shondaland drama and Maggie's arrival. She revealed that Maggie has been a "piece of story" since Season 4. "It's always been layered into the storyline." However, this information is going to be "very earth-shattering" and what Webber does with it is reportedly "very interesting."
As for Meredith, who is dealing with her best friend's departure, this information is going to "undo everything she thought to be true about her past and her childhood."
Fans can also expect some major drama for MerDer since Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) decided to move to Washington DC, despite his wife's decision of staying back in Seattle. The decision is expected to cause some tremors followed by some cracks in their relationship. The show's creator hinted that it is "something huge" that she restrained from revealing.
Furthermore, TV Line reveals that when "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 kicks off not more than 24 hours would have passed since the events of the finale. With her person gone and husband planning to leave her behind, Meredith will still be struggling with all the changes in her life.
"Grey's Anatomy" has played out several storylines at one time. However, in the upcoming season the show will shift its focus or it can be said that it will narrow its focus. Based on Shonda Rhimes' information to the publication, it turns out that "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 will be more about Meredith and everything and everyone connected to her.
"Right now, if you were in the writers' room, you would probably tell me that the theme is 'Meredith," Shonda Rhimes reveals.
"Because all I keep saying is, 'The show is just about Meredith Grey!'"
Shonda Rhimes calls it "Meredith-centric season."
"She's lost her 'person,' her [half-]sister has shown up, her husband is chafing to go someplace else..." Shonda Rhimes said.
At the same time, the big revelation about Maggie's paternity "will be influenced by what Meredith went through with Lexie."
Meanwhile, ABC unveiled their fall 2014-2015 schedule and some of the most popular shows are returning. "Grey's Anatomy's" airdate is no surprise as it follows the tradition of premiering in the month of September. To be specific, "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 Episode 1 airs Thursday, Sept. 25, 2014 in a new time slot. As announced earlier-with the launch of Shonda Rhimes' new show "How to Get Away With Murder"- "Grey's Anatomy" will now air an hour earlier at 8pm on ABC.
For more updates and spoilers on "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11, scroll down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports