Upcoming LG G3 Mini User Manual Leaked; Specifications, Features, New Name and Price Listed
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 17, 2014 12:59 PM EST
Upcoming LG G3 Mini is one of the most awaited and speculated compact smartphones of this year. Very recently leaked user manual of the LG G3 Mini handset suggests that the device is officially named as "LG G3 S."
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
According to an earlier report, the model name "D722" is tied to the LG G3 Mini handset and this name was spotted in the Zauba database, which keeps track of import and export details to Indian shores. Meaning, the LG G3 Mini is being tested and evaluated in India. Corroborating the earlier report, the newly leaked user manual of the G3 Mini comes with the model number "D722V". Here, the letter "V" points to the Vodafone variant of the LG G3 Mini. Nevertheless, the user manual did not reveal any other information other than providing the new official name of the compact device, says Phone Arena.
The LG G3 Mini (G3 S) will reportedly feature a 5-inches IPS LCD display (Note: 4.7-inches was reported earlier) with a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. The handset will be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) processor clocked at 1.2 GHz and 2 GB of RAM.
The G3 Mini will also sport an 8 megapixel primary camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and a 2 megapixel secondary camera unit. Furthermore, the LG G3 Mini will run on Android 4.4.2 KitKat with LG's latest UX and it will support 4G LTE network connectivity.
When it comes to memory, the phone will come with 16 GB of internal storage capacity. However, there is no information available on the microSD card support. Nevertheless, the LG G2 Mini comes with a microSD card slot that supports expansion up to 32 GB. Hence, it is safe to assume that the LG G3 Mini will also come with microSD card support. Also, the LG G3 S will come equipped with a good 2,540 mAh battery unit.
The LG G3 Mini (aka LG G3 S) is expected to hit the store shelves across the globe shortly. However, there is no official word from LG on the device. According to Zauba database, the quoted price for the "testing unit" of LG G3 Mini exported to India is Rs. 13,051. Therefore, the actual product might not exceed Rs. 20000 price range in India, which roughly translates to US$332 and AU$355.
Interested readers can download the reported user manual of LG G3 Mini from MyLGPhones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand