HTC One Mini 2 vs. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 17, 2014 12:08 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One Mini 2 or the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a 4.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes with a 4.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Z1 Compact has a slight edge with 342 ppi pixels display density compared to the 326 ppi pixels display density on the HTC One Mini 2.
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with 137.4 x 65 x 10.6 mm dimensions and weighs 137 grams. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes with 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm dimensions and weighs 137 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One Mini 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC One Mini 2 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Z1 Compact has a clear edge over the HTC One Mini 2.
The HTC One Mini 2 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2110 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 16 hours and 10 minutes on 3G. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 18 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One Mini 2 16 GB 4G LTE is priced at around AU $449.95 and the Sony Xperia Z1 compact is priced at around AU $469.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best