Disney Theme Park Employees Arrested for Alleged Kiddie-Sex Crimes
By Afza Fathima | July 17, 2014 11:03 AM EST
According to a report by CNN, close to three dozen employees from the Disney theme park have been arrested for alleged kiddie-sex crimes. CNN found that 35 busts for possession of child porn or for trying to meet up with a minor for sex. The arrests took place after a six-month investigation by Kyra Phillips and Scott Zamost of CNN.
Grand opening ceremony in progress in Walt Disney's new Fantasy Land in Florida December 6, 2012
Of the 35 busted, 32 have been convicted while the other cases are still pending. Allegedly, two of the cases of child porn took place on the Disney property.
Jacquee Wahler, Disney spokeswoman, said, "These scary arrests represent only a tiny fraction of the company's workforce. Providing a safe environment for children and families is a responsibility we take very seriously. We have extensive measures in place, including pre-employment and ongoing criminal background checks and computer monitoring and firewalls.
She continued that the numbers reported by CNN represent one one-hundredth of one per cent of the 300,000 people we have employed during this time period and that they continue to work closely with law enforcement and organisations like the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children as we constantly strengthen our efforts.
A service manager at Walk Disney World in Orlando, Robert Kingsolver, was busted for trying to allegedly meet up with a fourteen year old for sex. This was a sting set up by Sheriff's investigators in Florida.
Robert Kingsolver, a service manager who oversaw ride repairs at Walt Disney World in Orlando, was busted for allegedly trying to meet a 14-year-old girl for sex. It was actually a sting set up by Lake County, Florda, Sheriff's investigators.
Another arrested is a concierge at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Allen Treaster, for allegedly making an attempt to hook up with a fourteen year old boy, who was actually an undercover detective. In a videotaped interview, he admitted to having had sex in Georgia with a fifteen year old whom he had met online. He admitted to committing the crime, even after knowing the child's age.
A 26-year old ticket supervisor, Zachary Spencer, was also arrested and has five separate charges against him.
Grady Judd, Polk County Sheriff said, "Paedophiles have obvious reasons for wanting to work at the resort and wants compulsory 'lie detector' polygraph tests for staff to be made legal."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related