Bones Season 10 Spoilers: Changes for Booth and Brennan, Final Season Speculation; Show Boss Explains What Happens Next
By Arlene Paredes | July 17, 2014 4:41 AM EST
Bones Season 10 is presumed to be the final season of the FOX crime series, but this conjecture is tempered by good news on the TV ratings, as detailed by executive producer Stephen Nathan. Meanwhile, things are certainly going to change for Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) and Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel).
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Bones Season 9 and 10. Read at your own risk.
"I'm thrilled with the numbers on Friday," Nathan told TVLine. "It's the first time in years that [Fox has] won that hour." Bones Season 9 was moved to Friday nights late in 2013. The series, however, went back to FOX's Monday programming on Mar. 10.
Still, FOX is moving Bones Season 10 to a new TV schedule. In a separate report, TVLine showed Bones is airing back-to-back with Graceland on Thursdays.
At the end of Bones Season 9, the dark cautions of Christopher Pelant (Andrew Leeds) are justified. The Ghost Killer is haunting Booth and Brennan -- and the U.S. government -- in evil ways. Pelant believed Brennan would not catch this killer. But after Pelant died, Brennan identifies the Ghost Killer. However, the extent of this villain's network has yet to be revealed.
The Bones Season 9 finale is planned as such to allow "a very big shift in how Booth and Brennan will be dealing with crimes in the future," Bones showrunner Stephen Nathan earlier told TVLine. He said this before Bones Season 10 was given the green light.
"We're going into [Bones Season 10] really dealing with the consequences of [the Season 9] finale," Stephen Nathan explained to TVGuide.
"We will open [Bones Season 10] with Booth in custody. Booth will be in jail awaiting trial," Nathan added. The EP also said that the new season will change not only Booth and Brennan. "Everyone's life is changing."
"Booth will have to dig deeper into the conspiracy. I don't want to spoil next year's story line, but the conspiracy goes much farther than Booth could ever have imagined," the other Bones executive producer, Jonathan Collier, told screenfad.com.
Bones Season 10 premieres on FOX sometime between mid-September and mid-October 2014. It has reportedly been moved from the Monday primetime block to Thursday primetime.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Bones' Season 9, Episode 24: Finale Spoilers, David Boreanaz Directs, Booth and Brennan Face Big Changes [Watch Promo Video]
Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic Show Fans Some Love; Writer Teases 'Mind Boggling' Meeting [READ]
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal