Bones Season 10 Spoilers: Changes for Booth and Brennan, Final Season Speculation; Show Boss Explains What Happens Next
By Arlene Paredes | July 17, 2014 4:41 AM EST
Bones Season 10 is presumed to be the final season of the FOX crime series, but this conjecture is tempered by good news on the TV ratings, as detailed by executive producer Stephen Nathan. Meanwhile, things are certainly going to change for Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) and Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel).
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Bones Season 9 and 10. Read at your own risk.
"I'm thrilled with the numbers on Friday," Nathan told TVLine. "It's the first time in years that [Fox has] won that hour." Bones Season 9 was moved to Friday nights late in 2013. The series, however, went back to FOX's Monday programming on Mar. 10.
Still, FOX is moving Bones Season 10 to a new TV schedule. In a separate report, TVLine showed Bones is airing back-to-back with Graceland on Thursdays.
At the end of Bones Season 9, the dark cautions of Christopher Pelant (Andrew Leeds) are justified. The Ghost Killer is haunting Booth and Brennan -- and the U.S. government -- in evil ways. Pelant believed Brennan would not catch this killer. But after Pelant died, Brennan identifies the Ghost Killer. However, the extent of this villain's network has yet to be revealed.
The Bones Season 9 finale is planned as such to allow "a very big shift in how Booth and Brennan will be dealing with crimes in the future," Bones showrunner Stephen Nathan earlier told TVLine. He said this before Bones Season 10 was given the green light.
"We're going into [Bones Season 10] really dealing with the consequences of [the Season 9] finale," Stephen Nathan explained to TVGuide.
"We will open [Bones Season 10] with Booth in custody. Booth will be in jail awaiting trial," Nathan added. The EP also said that the new season will change not only Booth and Brennan. "Everyone's life is changing."
"Booth will have to dig deeper into the conspiracy. I don't want to spoil next year's story line, but the conspiracy goes much farther than Booth could ever have imagined," the other Bones executive producer, Jonathan Collier, told screenfad.com.
Bones Season 10 premieres on FOX sometime between mid-September and mid-October 2014. It has reportedly been moved from the Monday primetime block to Thursday primetime.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Bones' Season 9, Episode 24: Finale Spoilers, David Boreanaz Directs, Booth and Brennan Face Big Changes [Watch Promo Video]
Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic Show Fans Some Love; Writer Teases 'Mind Boggling' Meeting [READ]
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase