Bones Season 10 Spoilers: Changes for Booth and Brennan, Final Season Speculation; Show Boss Explains What Happens Next
By Arlene Paredes | July 17, 2014 4:41 AM EST
Bones Season 10 is presumed to be the final season of the FOX crime series, but this conjecture is tempered by good news on the TV ratings, as detailed by executive producer Stephen Nathan. Meanwhile, things are certainly going to change for Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) and Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel).
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Bones Season 9 and 10. Read at your own risk.
"I'm thrilled with the numbers on Friday," Nathan told TVLine. "It's the first time in years that [Fox has] won that hour." Bones Season 9 was moved to Friday nights late in 2013. The series, however, went back to FOX's Monday programming on Mar. 10.
Still, FOX is moving Bones Season 10 to a new TV schedule. In a separate report, TVLine showed Bones is airing back-to-back with Graceland on Thursdays.
At the end of Bones Season 9, the dark cautions of Christopher Pelant (Andrew Leeds) are justified. The Ghost Killer is haunting Booth and Brennan -- and the U.S. government -- in evil ways. Pelant believed Brennan would not catch this killer. But after Pelant died, Brennan identifies the Ghost Killer. However, the extent of this villain's network has yet to be revealed.
The Bones Season 9 finale is planned as such to allow "a very big shift in how Booth and Brennan will be dealing with crimes in the future," Bones showrunner Stephen Nathan earlier told TVLine. He said this before Bones Season 10 was given the green light.
"We're going into [Bones Season 10] really dealing with the consequences of [the Season 9] finale," Stephen Nathan explained to TVGuide.
"We will open [Bones Season 10] with Booth in custody. Booth will be in jail awaiting trial," Nathan added. The EP also said that the new season will change not only Booth and Brennan. "Everyone's life is changing."
"Booth will have to dig deeper into the conspiracy. I don't want to spoil next year's story line, but the conspiracy goes much farther than Booth could ever have imagined," the other Bones executive producer, Jonathan Collier, told screenfad.com.
Bones Season 10 premieres on FOX sometime between mid-September and mid-October 2014. It has reportedly been moved from the Monday primetime block to Thursday primetime.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Bones' Season 9, Episode 24: Finale Spoilers, David Boreanaz Directs, Booth and Brennan Face Big Changes [Watch Promo Video]
Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic Show Fans Some Love; Writer Teases 'Mind Boggling' Meeting [READ]
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales