Bones Season 10 Spoilers: Changes for Booth and Brennan, Final Season Speculation; Show Boss Explains What Happens Next
By Arlene Paredes | July 17, 2014 4:41 AM EST
Bones Season 10 is presumed to be the final season of the FOX crime series, but this conjecture is tempered by good news on the TV ratings, as detailed by executive producer Stephen Nathan. Meanwhile, things are certainly going to change for Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) and Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel).
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Bones Season 9 and 10. Read at your own risk.
"I'm thrilled with the numbers on Friday," Nathan told TVLine. "It's the first time in years that [Fox has] won that hour." Bones Season 9 was moved to Friday nights late in 2013. The series, however, went back to FOX's Monday programming on Mar. 10.
Still, FOX is moving Bones Season 10 to a new TV schedule. In a separate report, TVLine showed Bones is airing back-to-back with Graceland on Thursdays.
At the end of Bones Season 9, the dark cautions of Christopher Pelant (Andrew Leeds) are justified. The Ghost Killer is haunting Booth and Brennan -- and the U.S. government -- in evil ways. Pelant believed Brennan would not catch this killer. But after Pelant died, Brennan identifies the Ghost Killer. However, the extent of this villain's network has yet to be revealed.
The Bones Season 9 finale is planned as such to allow "a very big shift in how Booth and Brennan will be dealing with crimes in the future," Bones showrunner Stephen Nathan earlier told TVLine. He said this before Bones Season 10 was given the green light.
"We're going into [Bones Season 10] really dealing with the consequences of [the Season 9] finale," Stephen Nathan explained to TVGuide.
"We will open [Bones Season 10] with Booth in custody. Booth will be in jail awaiting trial," Nathan added. The EP also said that the new season will change not only Booth and Brennan. "Everyone's life is changing."
"Booth will have to dig deeper into the conspiracy. I don't want to spoil next year's story line, but the conspiracy goes much farther than Booth could ever have imagined," the other Bones executive producer, Jonathan Collier, told screenfad.com.
Bones Season 10 premieres on FOX sometime between mid-September and mid-October 2014. It has reportedly been moved from the Monday primetime block to Thursday primetime.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'Bones' Season 9, Episode 24: Finale Spoilers, David Boreanaz Directs, Booth and Brennan Face Big Changes [Watch Promo Video]
Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic Show Fans Some Love; Writer Teases 'Mind Boggling' Meeting [READ]
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Filming Set, Shonda Rhimes Faces High Expectations Thursdays on ABC [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles