The Flash Season 1 Casting: Robbie Amell Joins Stephen Amell in DC Comics Universe as [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | July 17, 2014 4:38 AM EST
Robbie Amell gets a new job on "The Flash" Season 1, placing him and his new character in the same universe as his cousin Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen.
"The Flash" Season 1 premieres on The CW later this year. The origin of this DC Comics inspired series was seen in "Arrow," which is in the same universe and network.
Robbie Amell played the lead role of Stephen Jameson in "The Tomorrow People," but the series did not get a second season. It used to air back-to-back Wednesdays on The CW, which promoted the programming as #AmellWednesdays.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains some spoilers on The Flash Season 1, which premieres on The CW later this year.
The last time "Arrow" viewers heard about Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), he remains unconscious, comatose in a Central City hospital after a lightning struck him in his lab. Barry and Arrow's Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) have something romantic going on, and Oliver Queen has seemed jealous once or twice because of the budding romance.
The Flash pilot episode has been reportedly leaked online, and rumours say it was a deliberate move by The CW to hype up the new series. The lead actor, Grant Gustin, had a recurring role in FOX's Glee as Sebastian Smythe.
Robbie Amell is playing the role of Firestorm in The Flash Season 1. His character debuts in Episode 3, according to reports.
"In the DC Comics mythology, Raymond is a man who bonds with another to form the nuclear powered super hero, Firestorm," Deadline.com reported.
"I'm so excited to join forces with Greg Berlanti and The CW again on The Flash," Robbie Amell was quoted in this Entertainment Weeky report. Amell said portraying a character "in the DC Universe [was] a dream."
WATCH: The Flash Season 1 Trailer | The CW Promo Video on YouTube
The Flash Season 1 premiere airs on The CW on Oct. 7, according to this report on hitflix.com. From the published air date and schedule, it will be airing back-to-back with "Supernatural" Season 10.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
'The Tomorrow People' Season Finale Spoilers: Series Ending? Teasers from Robbie Amell; Prediction on The CW Cancellation [Watch Promo Video]
'Suits' Season 4, Episode 5 Spoilers: Mike vs Harvey Still On, Rachel Zane in Trouble [Watch Suits 4x5 Promo Video]
Glee Season 6 Updates: Lea Michele Tweets Cory Monteith, Remembrance Goes Viral; Naya Rivera Back, Chris Colfer Not Leaving [SPOILER]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales