The Fault In Our Stars Goes Bollywood, Lead Female Star Reportedly Cast -- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 7:25 PM EST
The movie that has millions of girls crying their hearts out is reportedly going to have a Bollywood version. Speculations have it that John Greene's novel, "The Fault In Our Stars," will get a Hindi film adaptation and the female lead star has already been cast.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Bollywoodlife speculated that Johar may have already cast the female lead who will play the character of Hazel Grace in "The Fault In Our Stars."
Alia Bhatt recently posted a picture of John Greene's novel on her Instagram account. She captioned it "My new love.. Fault in our stars!!" This sparked rumours that she has probably read the script and will definitely star on the Hindi remake (see her post from bollywoodlife). If Alia would indeed star on the film, then it would be her third movie project with Dharma Productions.
However, according to Indy Star, John Greene is reportedly out of the loop regarding this recent development in his book. So it may be some time before fans would get a confirmation on this re-make.
Meanwhile, Karan Johar is reportedly a prominent Indian film director, producer, screenwriter and actor. His Mumbai-based Dharma Productions recently earned $7.22 million for the ticket sales of his 2013 movie "The Lunchbox." The romantic drama sold $3.4 million from tickets sold in India and $4.18 million in North America.
"The Fault In Our Stars" is a story about two cancer-surviving patients from Indianapolis, Hazel Grace and Gus. The two meet at a support group and became instant friends. They ultimately fell in love and together they travelled to Amsterdam where they learn more about themselves. It is a tragic story of love and loss; however in the end there is always a moral to be learned from it.
According to Inquisitr, John Greene actually wrote the book inspired by a true story. It is actually based on the life of Esther Grace Earl, who is a teenage cancer patient. Esther has lived with thyroid cancer since she was 12. She died in 2010 and a collection of her writings detailing her struggle with cancer is published in the book "This Star Won't Go Out." John Greene dedicated his novel in memory of Esther's battle with cancer.
For anyone interested to learn more about the true story behind John Greene's "The Fault In Our Stars," Esther's videos where she chronicled her battle against cancer, are reportedly still on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border