The Fault In Our Stars Goes Bollywood, Lead Female Star Reportedly Cast -- Report
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 7:25 PM EST
The movie that has millions of girls crying their hearts out is reportedly going to have a Bollywood version. Speculations have it that John Greene's novel, "The Fault In Our Stars," will get a Hindi film adaptation and the female lead star has already been cast.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Bollywoodlife speculated that Johar may have already cast the female lead who will play the character of Hazel Grace in "The Fault In Our Stars."
Alia Bhatt recently posted a picture of John Greene's novel on her Instagram account. She captioned it "My new love.. Fault in our stars!!" This sparked rumours that she has probably read the script and will definitely star on the Hindi remake (see her post from bollywoodlife). If Alia would indeed star on the film, then it would be her third movie project with Dharma Productions.
However, according to Indy Star, John Greene is reportedly out of the loop regarding this recent development in his book. So it may be some time before fans would get a confirmation on this re-make.
Meanwhile, Karan Johar is reportedly a prominent Indian film director, producer, screenwriter and actor. His Mumbai-based Dharma Productions recently earned $7.22 million for the ticket sales of his 2013 movie "The Lunchbox." The romantic drama sold $3.4 million from tickets sold in India and $4.18 million in North America.
"The Fault In Our Stars" is a story about two cancer-surviving patients from Indianapolis, Hazel Grace and Gus. The two meet at a support group and became instant friends. They ultimately fell in love and together they travelled to Amsterdam where they learn more about themselves. It is a tragic story of love and loss; however in the end there is always a moral to be learned from it.
According to Inquisitr, John Greene actually wrote the book inspired by a true story. It is actually based on the life of Esther Grace Earl, who is a teenage cancer patient. Esther has lived with thyroid cancer since she was 12. She died in 2010 and a collection of her writings detailing her struggle with cancer is published in the book "This Star Won't Go Out." John Greene dedicated his novel in memory of Esther's battle with cancer.
For anyone interested to learn more about the true story behind John Greene's "The Fault In Our Stars," Esther's videos where she chronicled her battle against cancer, are reportedly still on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28