Daniel Radcliffe Loves His Horns, Shows Evil Side in New Movie
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 6:04 PM EST
From fighting off evil as a wizard in "Harry Potter," this time Daniel Radcliffe is the devil himself in his new movie "Horns." Fans would get to see the actor trade his wizard hat for a pair of devil horns in the new trailer and poster released for the movie.
"Horns" tells the story of a man being accused of killing his girlfriend. One morning he wakes up to discover two very satanic looking horns have grown out of his head.
According to Cinema Blend, Daniel Radcliffe plays the role of Ig Perrish, a man who is tormented by accusations of his girlfriend's death after she was brutally raped and murdered. Juno Temple portrays his girlfriend Merrin. A year after her death, Perrish wakes up with a hangover and with horns. With his horns, he can compel people to reveal their innermost darkest secrets and act on their most most-wicked impulses.
The last time fans saw a glimpse of "Horns" was from a 30-second clip taken from the movie itself, according to Avclub. Now producers have released a new trailer where it features a bearded-Radcliffe being friendly with a snake (reminiscent of a "Harry Potter" scene), as it is casually draped over his shoulders.
A teaser poster was also released where it shows Radcliffe's character, Ig Perrish, on the front page of a newspaper with the headline "Is This The Face of The Devil"? (see poster from Cinema Blend).
The British actor, who has also starred in "The Woman in Black," took up an American accent for "Horns." According to Daily Mail, citing The Sun, Daniel confessed that he actually enjoyed taking on a different character this time.
"It's a very, very different type of part than anything I've done before," he said.
"He's a great character. It's nice to play a real sort of anti-hero who does a few genuinely nasty things to people," he added.
"Horns" is a movie adaption of Joe Hill's novel. It is a supernatural thriller where Daniel Radcliffe gets to explore his darker side as Ig Perrish. It is directed by Alejandre Aja, famous for another horror, the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes." Although the movie finished its production in 2012, it didn't get its premiere until the Toronto International Film Festival in 2013. The movie will be released in UK cinemas on October 31. There is no specific date yet for the US release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu