Daniel Radcliffe Loves His Horns, Shows Evil Side in New Movie
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 6:04 PM EST
From fighting off evil as a wizard in "Harry Potter," this time Daniel Radcliffe is the devil himself in his new movie "Horns." Fans would get to see the actor trade his wizard hat for a pair of devil horns in the new trailer and poster released for the movie.
"Horns" tells the story of a man being accused of killing his girlfriend. One morning he wakes up to discover two very satanic looking horns have grown out of his head.
According to Cinema Blend, Daniel Radcliffe plays the role of Ig Perrish, a man who is tormented by accusations of his girlfriend's death after she was brutally raped and murdered. Juno Temple portrays his girlfriend Merrin. A year after her death, Perrish wakes up with a hangover and with horns. With his horns, he can compel people to reveal their innermost darkest secrets and act on their most most-wicked impulses.
The last time fans saw a glimpse of "Horns" was from a 30-second clip taken from the movie itself, according to Avclub. Now producers have released a new trailer where it features a bearded-Radcliffe being friendly with a snake (reminiscent of a "Harry Potter" scene), as it is casually draped over his shoulders.
A teaser poster was also released where it shows Radcliffe's character, Ig Perrish, on the front page of a newspaper with the headline "Is This The Face of The Devil"? (see poster from Cinema Blend).
The British actor, who has also starred in "The Woman in Black," took up an American accent for "Horns." According to Daily Mail, citing The Sun, Daniel confessed that he actually enjoyed taking on a different character this time.
"It's a very, very different type of part than anything I've done before," he said.
"He's a great character. It's nice to play a real sort of anti-hero who does a few genuinely nasty things to people," he added.
"Horns" is a movie adaption of Joe Hill's novel. It is a supernatural thriller where Daniel Radcliffe gets to explore his darker side as Ig Perrish. It is directed by Alejandre Aja, famous for another horror, the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes." Although the movie finished its production in 2012, it didn't get its premiere until the Toronto International Film Festival in 2013. The movie will be released in UK cinemas on October 31. There is no specific date yet for the US release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James