Daniel Radcliffe Loves His Horns, Shows Evil Side in New Movie
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 6:04 PM EST
From fighting off evil as a wizard in "Harry Potter," this time Daniel Radcliffe is the devil himself in his new movie "Horns." Fans would get to see the actor trade his wizard hat for a pair of devil horns in the new trailer and poster released for the movie.
"Horns" tells the story of a man being accused of killing his girlfriend. One morning he wakes up to discover two very satanic looking horns have grown out of his head.
According to Cinema Blend, Daniel Radcliffe plays the role of Ig Perrish, a man who is tormented by accusations of his girlfriend's death after she was brutally raped and murdered. Juno Temple portrays his girlfriend Merrin. A year after her death, Perrish wakes up with a hangover and with horns. With his horns, he can compel people to reveal their innermost darkest secrets and act on their most most-wicked impulses.
The last time fans saw a glimpse of "Horns" was from a 30-second clip taken from the movie itself, according to Avclub. Now producers have released a new trailer where it features a bearded-Radcliffe being friendly with a snake (reminiscent of a "Harry Potter" scene), as it is casually draped over his shoulders.
A teaser poster was also released where it shows Radcliffe's character, Ig Perrish, on the front page of a newspaper with the headline "Is This The Face of The Devil"? (see poster from Cinema Blend).
The British actor, who has also starred in "The Woman in Black," took up an American accent for "Horns." According to Daily Mail, citing The Sun, Daniel confessed that he actually enjoyed taking on a different character this time.
"It's a very, very different type of part than anything I've done before," he said.
"He's a great character. It's nice to play a real sort of anti-hero who does a few genuinely nasty things to people," he added.
"Horns" is a movie adaption of Joe Hill's novel. It is a supernatural thriller where Daniel Radcliffe gets to explore his darker side as Ig Perrish. It is directed by Alejandre Aja, famous for another horror, the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes." Although the movie finished its production in 2012, it didn't get its premiere until the Toronto International Film Festival in 2013. The movie will be released in UK cinemas on October 31. There is no specific date yet for the US release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]