Daniel Radcliffe Loves His Horns, Shows Evil Side in New Movie
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 6:04 PM EST
From fighting off evil as a wizard in "Harry Potter," this time Daniel Radcliffe is the devil himself in his new movie "Horns." Fans would get to see the actor trade his wizard hat for a pair of devil horns in the new trailer and poster released for the movie.
"Horns" tells the story of a man being accused of killing his girlfriend. One morning he wakes up to discover two very satanic looking horns have grown out of his head.
According to Cinema Blend, Daniel Radcliffe plays the role of Ig Perrish, a man who is tormented by accusations of his girlfriend's death after she was brutally raped and murdered. Juno Temple portrays his girlfriend Merrin. A year after her death, Perrish wakes up with a hangover and with horns. With his horns, he can compel people to reveal their innermost darkest secrets and act on their most most-wicked impulses.
The last time fans saw a glimpse of "Horns" was from a 30-second clip taken from the movie itself, according to Avclub. Now producers have released a new trailer where it features a bearded-Radcliffe being friendly with a snake (reminiscent of a "Harry Potter" scene), as it is casually draped over his shoulders.
A teaser poster was also released where it shows Radcliffe's character, Ig Perrish, on the front page of a newspaper with the headline "Is This The Face of The Devil"? (see poster from Cinema Blend).
The British actor, who has also starred in "The Woman in Black," took up an American accent for "Horns." According to Daily Mail, citing The Sun, Daniel confessed that he actually enjoyed taking on a different character this time.
"It's a very, very different type of part than anything I've done before," he said.
"He's a great character. It's nice to play a real sort of anti-hero who does a few genuinely nasty things to people," he added.
"Horns" is a movie adaption of Joe Hill's novel. It is a supernatural thriller where Daniel Radcliffe gets to explore his darker side as Ig Perrish. It is directed by Alejandre Aja, famous for another horror, the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes." Although the movie finished its production in 2012, it didn't get its premiere until the Toronto International Film Festival in 2013. The movie will be released in UK cinemas on October 31. There is no specific date yet for the US release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date