Daniel Radcliffe Loves His Horns, Shows Evil Side in New Movie
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 6:04 PM EST
From fighting off evil as a wizard in "Harry Potter," this time Daniel Radcliffe is the devil himself in his new movie "Horns." Fans would get to see the actor trade his wizard hat for a pair of devil horns in the new trailer and poster released for the movie.
"Horns" tells the story of a man being accused of killing his girlfriend. One morning he wakes up to discover two very satanic looking horns have grown out of his head.
According to Cinema Blend, Daniel Radcliffe plays the role of Ig Perrish, a man who is tormented by accusations of his girlfriend's death after she was brutally raped and murdered. Juno Temple portrays his girlfriend Merrin. A year after her death, Perrish wakes up with a hangover and with horns. With his horns, he can compel people to reveal their innermost darkest secrets and act on their most most-wicked impulses.
The last time fans saw a glimpse of "Horns" was from a 30-second clip taken from the movie itself, according to Avclub. Now producers have released a new trailer where it features a bearded-Radcliffe being friendly with a snake (reminiscent of a "Harry Potter" scene), as it is casually draped over his shoulders.
A teaser poster was also released where it shows Radcliffe's character, Ig Perrish, on the front page of a newspaper with the headline "Is This The Face of The Devil"? (see poster from Cinema Blend).
The British actor, who has also starred in "The Woman in Black," took up an American accent for "Horns." According to Daily Mail, citing The Sun, Daniel confessed that he actually enjoyed taking on a different character this time.
"It's a very, very different type of part than anything I've done before," he said.
"He's a great character. It's nice to play a real sort of anti-hero who does a few genuinely nasty things to people," he added.
"Horns" is a movie adaption of Joe Hill's novel. It is a supernatural thriller where Daniel Radcliffe gets to explore his darker side as Ig Perrish. It is directed by Alejandre Aja, famous for another horror, the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes." Although the movie finished its production in 2012, it didn't get its premiere until the Toronto International Film Festival in 2013. The movie will be released in UK cinemas on October 31. There is no specific date yet for the US release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight