GTA V Release Date For PC, PS4 and Xbox One Has Early November Release - Report
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Fans cannot wait to get their hands on the "Grand Theft Auto V" for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC since it was announced earlier this summer. Now, it seems that fans need not wait any longer since a report has leaked the release date, claiming it should come early this year.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014. Sony joined other sponsors on Sunday to call on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. With its four yearly showpiece event only four days away, soccer's governing body FIFA is on the defensive, conducting an internal investigation into the decisions to hold the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 Cup in Qatar. Both countries have denied any wrongdoing.
According to Gameranx, a Danish online retailer Coolshop.dk has leaked the release date for the much-anticipated game. Notably, game releases in Europe fall on a Friday. If the leak information is credible, then players should expect "Grand Theft Auto V" for the PC, Xbox One and PS4 to be released on Nov. 14.
Meanwhile, game releases in North America reportedly fall on a Tuesday. Should the game be released in Europe on Nov. 14, then it should follow suit that North America release will be on Nov. 11.
Inquisitr noted it would make sense for Rockstar to release "Grand Theft Auto V" for the PC, Xbox One and PS4 on Nov. 11. That day is also the release date of several AAA games such as "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" and "The Crew."
So how credible is Coolshop.dk in leaking game details?
According to Gameranx, the retailer was also able to predict Rockstar's decision to release "Grand Theft Auto V" for the next-gen platforms last year. While Rockstar, on the other hand, just recently confirmed the release themselves during this year's E3 convention in June. However, there was no release date provided according to pcadvisor.
"Grand Theft Auto V" maker Rockstar has been making game waves since its first release of the "Grand Theft Auto" game title. "GTA V" even joined in the celebration of American Independence.
To celebrate the "Fourth of July," Rockstar launched an "Independence Day Special" DLC for "Grand Theft Auto V" online. The DLC allows players to demonstrate their exceptionalism, as rockstargames calls it. One feature available in the DLC is the players' option to choose from two "star-spangled" rides; the "Sovereign motorcycle" and the "super-sized Liberator monster truck. " The DLC is jam-packed with various symbols of patriotism, from a "Made in the USA" t-shirt to those featuring the American eagle.
Source: YouTube/Rockstar Games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate