GTA V Release Date For PC, PS4 and Xbox One Has Early November Release - Report
By Tanya Diente | July 16, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Fans cannot wait to get their hands on the "Grand Theft Auto V" for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC since it was announced earlier this summer. Now, it seems that fans need not wait any longer since a report has leaked the release date, claiming it should come early this year.
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014. Sony joined other sponsors on Sunday to call on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. With its four yearly showpiece event only four days away, soccer's governing body FIFA is on the defensive, conducting an internal investigation into the decisions to hold the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 Cup in Qatar. Both countries have denied any wrongdoing.
According to Gameranx, a Danish online retailer Coolshop.dk has leaked the release date for the much-anticipated game. Notably, game releases in Europe fall on a Friday. If the leak information is credible, then players should expect "Grand Theft Auto V" for the PC, Xbox One and PS4 to be released on Nov. 14.
Meanwhile, game releases in North America reportedly fall on a Tuesday. Should the game be released in Europe on Nov. 14, then it should follow suit that North America release will be on Nov. 11.
Inquisitr noted it would make sense for Rockstar to release "Grand Theft Auto V" for the PC, Xbox One and PS4 on Nov. 11. That day is also the release date of several AAA games such as "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" and "The Crew."
So how credible is Coolshop.dk in leaking game details?
According to Gameranx, the retailer was also able to predict Rockstar's decision to release "Grand Theft Auto V" for the next-gen platforms last year. While Rockstar, on the other hand, just recently confirmed the release themselves during this year's E3 convention in June. However, there was no release date provided according to pcadvisor.
"Grand Theft Auto V" maker Rockstar has been making game waves since its first release of the "Grand Theft Auto" game title. "GTA V" even joined in the celebration of American Independence.
To celebrate the "Fourth of July," Rockstar launched an "Independence Day Special" DLC for "Grand Theft Auto V" online. The DLC allows players to demonstrate their exceptionalism, as rockstargames calls it. One feature available in the DLC is the players' option to choose from two "star-spangled" rides; the "Sovereign motorcycle" and the "super-sized Liberator monster truck. " The DLC is jam-packed with various symbols of patriotism, from a "Made in the USA" t-shirt to those featuring the American eagle.
Source: YouTube/Rockstar Games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft