Fargo Season 2 to Feature ‘Grisly Murder’, American Horror Story vs. Fargo at Emmy 2014
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 16, 2014 5:07 PM EST
There is much speculation surrounding "Fargo" Season 2, though FX has yet to confirm its return for a new season. The lack of official confirmation has not stopped Noah Hawley, creator and writer of television "Fargo," from talking about the possible Season 2. He recently hinted that he is likely to revisit Coen brothers' films to get inspiration for the new season, as well. Hawley also has revealed that "grisly murder" will always be part of "Fargo" series.
The recently concluded "Fargo," featuring Martin Freeman and Bob Thornton, has been inspired by Coen bothers' cult movie of the same name, which was released in 1996.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter (THR), Hawley said, "What's really interesting about this exercise of emulating a movie, as a storyteller, is having available to me a whole body of work. The Coen brothers are so varied -- from "Raising Arizona" to "A Serious Man," there's so much."
The anthology series is "always going to be rooted in true crime," according to Hawley. He indicated that good versus evil will be at its core and every season will always have a "grisly murder."
Hawley is likely to spills more details in the upcoming weeks, as he said to THR, "... I feel like I'm close on a new idea for another "Fargo" 10-hour idea that we'll talk about in the coming weeks."
Meanwhile, once again, FX's two popular anthology series, "Fargo" and "American Horror Story," will be battling it out in the same category to win the outstanding award. Recently, "Fargo" beat "American Horror Story-Coven" to win the Best Series Award at this year's Critics' Choice Awards. And now, both the FX's shows have earned Primetime Emmy nominations in the Outstanding Miniseries category.
Fargo bagged a whopping total of 18 nominations, including acting nominations for its actors Thornton, Freeman, Colin Hanks and Allison Tolman. Thornton and Freeman have scored nominations for Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie. Hanks has been shortlisted for Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie, while Tolman for Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie.
Toman will have to beat to three actresses of "American Horror Story-Coven" to score the Emmy win. Frances Conroy, Kathy Bathes and Angela Bassett have also been nominated in the Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie category for "American Horror Story: Coven."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect