Apple to Launch 3 iPad Variants in 2014 - iPad Mini 3, iPad Air 2 and 12.9-Inches iPad Pro
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 16, 2014 4:04 PM EST
With 4.7-inches and 5.5-inches iPhone 6 set for September release, speculations surrounding these devices are rife. Hence the news pertaining to Apple's upcoming iPad series of devices were put on the back burner. However according to new reports, a 12.9-inches tablet reportedly dubbed Apple iPad Pro is in the offing along with the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
What is New?
Reports from a Taiwan news portal Economic Daily News state that Apple will launch three iPad models in 2014. This includes the much-awaited next-generation iPad Air 2 with 9.7-inches display, the iPad Mini 3 with 7.9-inches display and the iPad Pro with 12.9-inches display, says BGR.
From the name of the tablet, it is clear that iPad Pro will be Apple's answer to Microsoft's Surface Pro. This tablet plus laptop combination is also expected to come with touchscreen capability that was not part of Apple Macs. Also, the upcoming iPad Pro is expected to target the enterprise customers of Apple, according to Slash Gear.
In addition to touchscreen functionality, this year's devices from Apple are expected to come equipped with Touch ID. According to the same news portal, TPK will be the supplier partner for next-generation touch sensors for the upcoming iPads and iWatch variants in 2014, says BGR.
It is worth noting that, leaked images from May rumoured to be Apple iPad Pro's aluminium mock-ups are making waves in the internet space. Interested readers can check out the leaked images of the rumoured iPad Pro mock-up from the credible Apple news informant NoWhereElse.
iPad Pro Display Rumour
According to earlier reports from China's Pad News, two variants of iPad Pro are in the offing with 2K and 4K resolution choices. Furthermore, the site added that the prototype of 2K variant would surpass Kindle Fire HDX's 2,560 x 1,600 resolution with 339 ppi pixel density combinations and iPad Air's 2,048 x 1,536 resolution with 264 ppi pixel strength.
Also, the iPad Pro 4K variant would likely come with a whopping 4,096 x 3,072 screen resolution trumping the 4K TVs offered at this point, according to Tech Radar. Readers are advised to take these rumours with a grain of salt owing to the fact that Apple has not confirmed any of these reports.
iPad Pro Release Date
If reports were true, Apple's iPad devices for 2014 will be released towards the end of third quarter, followed by the release of iPhone 6 models or the last quarter. Apparently, Apple followed the same trend of release last year with its iPhone and iPads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports