White Collar Season 6 Update: Matt Bomer Talks about Final Season Ending
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 16, 2014 2:57 PM EST
The curtain is going to fall on "White Collar" after six episodes of Season 6. Matt Bomer, who plays the suave con-man Neal Caffrey in the show, has hinted in an interview that the final season is likely to wrap-up with an open-ending, and fans may not see a definite happy ending.
Actor Matt Bomer poses with his Best Supporting Actor in a Movie or Mini-Series award for "The Normal Heart", at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
"... I'm not a big fan of series endings that wrap everything up into a nice bow. I love that Hitchcockian element of believing that people's imaginations are more potent than anything you can spell out for them. The writers have done a really good job of creating an ending that leaves a lot open to interpretation," Bomer said to TV Line.
As previously reported, Bomer's input has been incorporated in the series finale of "White Collar." Bomer has said that the ending, that the writers have come-up with, is as a result of everyone's collaboration and he cannot take full credit for that.
"White Collar" team is currently filming the final season in New York. Speaking about the atmosphere on the set, Bomer admitted that it feels different to be part of the final season. He said to TV Line, "there's this undercurrent of I don't want to say sadness, but... What's the French word...?"
The actor revealed that the cast is "having a blast working together." The camaraderie is still like it has always been, according to Bomer. "It's just like old times," however, "underneath it all, we all know that we're going to have to say goodbye," he told TV Line.
Bomer said that they are all dreading the moment when they have to say goodbye, as they have been a "close-knit unit for six years." He said that it is going to be sad to say goodbye, but "all good things must come to an end!"
Recently, Bomer scored a nomination in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a TV Miniseries, Movie category for his portrayal of Felix Turner, a gay reporter, in HBO's "The Normal Heart." Reacting to the news of his nomination, the actor said to TV Line that it is "beyond exciting" and called it a "surreal moment." Bomer recently bagged the Best Supporting Actor in a Movie or Mini-Series award for the same role at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards.
"White Collar" Season 6 is expected to premiere sometime in winter 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced