White Collar Season 6 Update: Matt Bomer Talks about Final Season Ending
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 16, 2014 2:57 PM EST
The curtain is going to fall on "White Collar" after six episodes of Season 6. Matt Bomer, who plays the suave con-man Neal Caffrey in the show, has hinted in an interview that the final season is likely to wrap-up with an open-ending, and fans may not see a definite happy ending.
Actor Matt Bomer poses with his Best Supporting Actor in a Movie or Mini-Series award for "The Normal Heart", at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
"... I'm not a big fan of series endings that wrap everything up into a nice bow. I love that Hitchcockian element of believing that people's imaginations are more potent than anything you can spell out for them. The writers have done a really good job of creating an ending that leaves a lot open to interpretation," Bomer said to TV Line.
As previously reported, Bomer's input has been incorporated in the series finale of "White Collar." Bomer has said that the ending, that the writers have come-up with, is as a result of everyone's collaboration and he cannot take full credit for that.
"White Collar" team is currently filming the final season in New York. Speaking about the atmosphere on the set, Bomer admitted that it feels different to be part of the final season. He said to TV Line, "there's this undercurrent of I don't want to say sadness, but... What's the French word...?"
The actor revealed that the cast is "having a blast working together." The camaraderie is still like it has always been, according to Bomer. "It's just like old times," however, "underneath it all, we all know that we're going to have to say goodbye," he told TV Line.
Bomer said that they are all dreading the moment when they have to say goodbye, as they have been a "close-knit unit for six years." He said that it is going to be sad to say goodbye, but "all good things must come to an end!"
Recently, Bomer scored a nomination in the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a TV Miniseries, Movie category for his portrayal of Felix Turner, a gay reporter, in HBO's "The Normal Heart." Reacting to the news of his nomination, the actor said to TV Line that it is "beyond exciting" and called it a "surreal moment." Bomer recently bagged the Best Supporting Actor in a Movie or Mini-Series award for the same role at the 4th annual Critics' Choice Television Awards.
"White Collar" Season 6 is expected to premiere sometime in winter 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS