Avengers: Age of Ultron – Stan Lee Confirms a Cameo Role
By Sachin Trivedi | July 16, 2014 2:53 PM EST
Creator of popular comic book characters like "Spider-Man" and "Hulk" Stan Lee confirmed in a press conference that he just finished filming a cameo role in the upcoming movie "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
James Corden, Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo (L-R) pose for photographers during a photocall for their latest film "Begin Again" in central London, in this July 2, 2014 file photo. Actor Mark Ruffalo has played characters ranging from a gay AIDS activist and a sperm donor to a recovering sex-addict and an FBI agent and will reprise his role as the Incredible Hulk in next year's "The Avengers: Age of Ultron." REUTERS/Paul Hackett
Stan Lee has appeared in some of the movies based on the characters from Marvel comics before. According to a report from Digital Spy, he joked that the movie "Batman vs. Superman" would make more money if he did a cameo role in the movie too.
He also confirmed that he was with Chris Hemsworth, the actor who play the role of Thor in the movie. He was with the actor while shooting his cameo for "Avengers: Age of Ultron."He reportedly praised both Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans in the press conference.
The movies in which Stan Lee has played a cameo role include "X-Men," "Spider-Man," "Daredevil," "Hulk," "Fantastic Four," "Iron Man," "Thor," "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "The Avengers."
Stan Lee reportedly spoke about the impact of Marvel Comics on the movie business and vice versa. "It helps the comic book business. The movie business has been unbelievably incredible. The Marvel movies are about the biggest money-making movies of all" he reportedly said. He also praised the directors, special effects people and the actors who have starred in these movies.
"The Avengers" movie released in 2012 reportedly made over $1.5 billion dollars at the box office worldwide. "The Amazing Spider-Man" released in the same year reportedly made over $750 million. Expectations are high for the upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron" movie.
Stan Lee reportedly said that he was proud of the expanding list of characters from Marvel which will be made into movies. The popular upcoming movies from Marvel include "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Ant-Man."
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will bring together earth's superheroes once again to save the planet. This time they face a sentient robot known as Ultron. Some of the characters viewers will be able to see in the movie include Natasha Romanoff, Quicksilver, Captain America, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Nick Fury.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will be released on April 24, 2015 in the UK and on May 1, 2015 in the U.S. The release date information in Australia is still not known.
Star Wars 7 Production News: Harrison Ford Back on His Feet [Read]
Hobbit 3 Plot Spoilers: Thorin's Greed and Smaug's Fury [Read]
Fast and Furious 7 Production Update: Stars Pay Tribute Producers Say Thanks [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements