Royal News: Prince George’s First Birthday Plans Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | July 16, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William's son Prince George's first birthday is soon approaching. The royal baby will turn one on July 22. Prince George is third in line to the throne of England and dear to the royal family. The little prince is definitely going to celebrate his first birthday in a special way. Head inside to know the details about the soon approaching birthday bash.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sit on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014.
'If the christening was anything to go by, it will be a small, low-key celebration, similar to what their friends would throw for their children's first birthdays," revealed royal biographer Marcia Moody.
According to Moody, Kate Middleton and Prince William will most probably host a "tea party with lots of cake."
As for the birthday cake, it is reportedly most likely to come from Kate Middleton's brother James' cake company. Unlike her mother, Kate Middleton wouldn't be baking the first birthday cake for her son and may order a "specially decorated" treat from James' Nice Cakes.
The royal parents have some special plans concerning their son's birthday presents. Unlike other royal babies, Prince George will not be showered with "extravagant" gifts on his birthday. It is reported that the family would rather gift the child a "traditional luxury children's items- a rocking horse or a silver tooth fairy box."
However, Duchess and Duke of Cambridge have some special preferences for gifts. Moody reveals that the royal parents "would favour personal items like a scrapbook of his first year, with hospital tags and a lock of hair."
Royal reporter Victoria Murphy suggests that Prince George needs lots of toys to fill in his two nurseries- one at Kensington Palace and the other one in Anmer Hall.
Furthermore, Prince George's first birthday will be commemorated with limited edition coin. Shane Bissett, director of commemorative coin and bullion at the Royal Mint confirmed the news recently, reports Daily Mail. According to the report, Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince George's great grandmother Queen Elizabeth and Chancellor Osborne have "approved the design" of the commemorative coin. The £5 silver coin will reportedly be decorated with "heraldic royal arms and the year 2014." It is said that only 7500 coins will be minted which will cost £80 each. The coin will be available on www.royalmint.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2