Royal News: Prince George’s First Birthday Plans Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | July 16, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William's son Prince George's first birthday is soon approaching. The royal baby will turn one on July 22. Prince George is third in line to the throne of England and dear to the royal family. The little prince is definitely going to celebrate his first birthday in a special way. Head inside to know the details about the soon approaching birthday bash.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sit on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014.
'If the christening was anything to go by, it will be a small, low-key celebration, similar to what their friends would throw for their children's first birthdays," revealed royal biographer Marcia Moody.
According to Moody, Kate Middleton and Prince William will most probably host a "tea party with lots of cake."
As for the birthday cake, it is reportedly most likely to come from Kate Middleton's brother James' cake company. Unlike her mother, Kate Middleton wouldn't be baking the first birthday cake for her son and may order a "specially decorated" treat from James' Nice Cakes.
The royal parents have some special plans concerning their son's birthday presents. Unlike other royal babies, Prince George will not be showered with "extravagant" gifts on his birthday. It is reported that the family would rather gift the child a "traditional luxury children's items- a rocking horse or a silver tooth fairy box."
However, Duchess and Duke of Cambridge have some special preferences for gifts. Moody reveals that the royal parents "would favour personal items like a scrapbook of his first year, with hospital tags and a lock of hair."
Royal reporter Victoria Murphy suggests that Prince George needs lots of toys to fill in his two nurseries- one at Kensington Palace and the other one in Anmer Hall.
Furthermore, Prince George's first birthday will be commemorated with limited edition coin. Shane Bissett, director of commemorative coin and bullion at the Royal Mint confirmed the news recently, reports Daily Mail. According to the report, Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince George's great grandmother Queen Elizabeth and Chancellor Osborne have "approved the design" of the commemorative coin. The £5 silver coin will reportedly be decorated with "heraldic royal arms and the year 2014." It is said that only 7500 coins will be minted which will cost £80 each. The coin will be available on www.royalmint.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Australia's Direct Action Policy To Increase Projected Emmisions By 2020 -- UN Report
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation