Royal News: Prince George’s First Birthday Plans Revealed
By jaskiran kaur | July 16, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William's son Prince George's first birthday is soon approaching. The royal baby will turn one on July 22. Prince George is third in line to the throne of England and dear to the royal family. The little prince is definitely going to celebrate his first birthday in a special way. Head inside to know the details about the soon approaching birthday bash.
Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge sit on Centre Court at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 6, 2014.
'If the christening was anything to go by, it will be a small, low-key celebration, similar to what their friends would throw for their children's first birthdays," revealed royal biographer Marcia Moody.
According to Moody, Kate Middleton and Prince William will most probably host a "tea party with lots of cake."
As for the birthday cake, it is reportedly most likely to come from Kate Middleton's brother James' cake company. Unlike her mother, Kate Middleton wouldn't be baking the first birthday cake for her son and may order a "specially decorated" treat from James' Nice Cakes.
The royal parents have some special plans concerning their son's birthday presents. Unlike other royal babies, Prince George will not be showered with "extravagant" gifts on his birthday. It is reported that the family would rather gift the child a "traditional luxury children's items- a rocking horse or a silver tooth fairy box."
However, Duchess and Duke of Cambridge have some special preferences for gifts. Moody reveals that the royal parents "would favour personal items like a scrapbook of his first year, with hospital tags and a lock of hair."
Royal reporter Victoria Murphy suggests that Prince George needs lots of toys to fill in his two nurseries- one at Kensington Palace and the other one in Anmer Hall.
Furthermore, Prince George's first birthday will be commemorated with limited edition coin. Shane Bissett, director of commemorative coin and bullion at the Royal Mint confirmed the news recently, reports Daily Mail. According to the report, Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince George's great grandmother Queen Elizabeth and Chancellor Osborne have "approved the design" of the commemorative coin. The £5 silver coin will reportedly be decorated with "heraldic royal arms and the year 2014." It is said that only 7500 coins will be minted which will cost £80 each. The coin will be available on www.royalmint.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff