Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2: Big Tablet and Big Price
By Naveena Joy | July 16, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Samsung is known for its larger screen smartphones and tablets. Once again, it continues with its tradition by launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro with 12.2 inches screen size. Though it is similar to that of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 but in Galaxy Tab Pro, the S Pen stylus is missing.
The retail price of the device will be at £549, $545 (around AU$995) which is quite expensive. However, the retailers are planning on cutting down the price of the tablet by almost £100.
Along with the Galaxy Note tablets, the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro series are considered to be the premium models. The Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is powered by 8 core processor running 1.9GHz Quad and 1.3GHz Quad cores. It has colour options of either black or white.
It gives a smooth experience on the tablet while it includes a 3GB of RAM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB 3.0, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared, a MicroSD slot (up to 64GB), 8MP Rear facing camera with flash, and a 2MP front camera. The huge 12.2 inch screen has TFT display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600. It also provides a high resolution viewing experience with 4 million pixel picture and 16M colour depth.
Samsung manages these features into a device which is 7.95mm thick and weighs 734g. The appearance seems to be quite appealing as it is well designed. Though it is made up of plastic but it is shaped to look like leather.
According to techradar, there is a brushed metal effect steal band that wraps around the tablet adjusting the two speaker grills, the lock and volume controls, a microSD port and a micro USB space for charging and connectivity.
There are three icons at the bottom of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 - home button, an icon that shows all open apps and the back button.
The Tab Pro 12.2 is very light and can be carried with one hand. It does not feature too much of sturdiness and also regularly makes tiny creaking noise because of the plastic built.
The techradar reviews the devices by saying, "The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is a power horse that can handle tasks such as Multi Window with ease. The impressive 12 inch screen is somewhat let down by the rear of device, which feels less than premium."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown