Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2: Big Tablet and Big Price
By Naveena Joy | July 16, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Samsung is known for its larger screen smartphones and tablets. Once again, it continues with its tradition by launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro with 12.2 inches screen size. Though it is similar to that of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 but in Galaxy Tab Pro, the S Pen stylus is missing.
The retail price of the device will be at £549, $545 (around AU$995) which is quite expensive. However, the retailers are planning on cutting down the price of the tablet by almost £100.
Along with the Galaxy Note tablets, the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro series are considered to be the premium models. The Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is powered by 8 core processor running 1.9GHz Quad and 1.3GHz Quad cores. It has colour options of either black or white.
It gives a smooth experience on the tablet while it includes a 3GB of RAM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB 3.0, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared, a MicroSD slot (up to 64GB), 8MP Rear facing camera with flash, and a 2MP front camera. The huge 12.2 inch screen has TFT display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600. It also provides a high resolution viewing experience with 4 million pixel picture and 16M colour depth.
Samsung manages these features into a device which is 7.95mm thick and weighs 734g. The appearance seems to be quite appealing as it is well designed. Though it is made up of plastic but it is shaped to look like leather.
According to techradar, there is a brushed metal effect steal band that wraps around the tablet adjusting the two speaker grills, the lock and volume controls, a microSD port and a micro USB space for charging and connectivity.
There are three icons at the bottom of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 - home button, an icon that shows all open apps and the back button.
The Tab Pro 12.2 is very light and can be carried with one hand. It does not feature too much of sturdiness and also regularly makes tiny creaking noise because of the plastic built.
The techradar reviews the devices by saying, "The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is a power horse that can handle tasks such as Multi Window with ease. The impressive 12 inch screen is somewhat let down by the rear of device, which feels less than premium."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change