Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2: Big Tablet and Big Price
By Naveena Joy | July 16, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Samsung is known for its larger screen smartphones and tablets. Once again, it continues with its tradition by launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro with 12.2 inches screen size. Though it is similar to that of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 but in Galaxy Tab Pro, the S Pen stylus is missing.
The retail price of the device will be at £549, $545 (around AU$995) which is quite expensive. However, the retailers are planning on cutting down the price of the tablet by almost £100.
Along with the Galaxy Note tablets, the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro series are considered to be the premium models. The Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is powered by 8 core processor running 1.9GHz Quad and 1.3GHz Quad cores. It has colour options of either black or white.
It gives a smooth experience on the tablet while it includes a 3GB of RAM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB 3.0, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared, a MicroSD slot (up to 64GB), 8MP Rear facing camera with flash, and a 2MP front camera. The huge 12.2 inch screen has TFT display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600. It also provides a high resolution viewing experience with 4 million pixel picture and 16M colour depth.
Samsung manages these features into a device which is 7.95mm thick and weighs 734g. The appearance seems to be quite appealing as it is well designed. Though it is made up of plastic but it is shaped to look like leather.
According to techradar, there is a brushed metal effect steal band that wraps around the tablet adjusting the two speaker grills, the lock and volume controls, a microSD port and a micro USB space for charging and connectivity.
There are three icons at the bottom of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 - home button, an icon that shows all open apps and the back button.
The Tab Pro 12.2 is very light and can be carried with one hand. It does not feature too much of sturdiness and also regularly makes tiny creaking noise because of the plastic built.
The techradar reviews the devices by saying, "The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is a power horse that can handle tasks such as Multi Window with ease. The impressive 12 inch screen is somewhat let down by the rear of device, which feels less than premium."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen