Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2: Big Tablet and Big Price
By Naveena Joy | July 16, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Samsung is known for its larger screen smartphones and tablets. Once again, it continues with its tradition by launching the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro with 12.2 inches screen size. Though it is similar to that of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 but in Galaxy Tab Pro, the S Pen stylus is missing.
The retail price of the device will be at £549, $545 (around AU$995) which is quite expensive. However, the retailers are planning on cutting down the price of the tablet by almost £100.
Along with the Galaxy Note tablets, the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro series are considered to be the premium models. The Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is powered by 8 core processor running 1.9GHz Quad and 1.3GHz Quad cores. It has colour options of either black or white.
It gives a smooth experience on the tablet while it includes a 3GB of RAM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB 3.0, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared, a MicroSD slot (up to 64GB), 8MP Rear facing camera with flash, and a 2MP front camera. The huge 12.2 inch screen has TFT display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600. It also provides a high resolution viewing experience with 4 million pixel picture and 16M colour depth.
Samsung manages these features into a device which is 7.95mm thick and weighs 734g. The appearance seems to be quite appealing as it is well designed. Though it is made up of plastic but it is shaped to look like leather.
According to techradar, there is a brushed metal effect steal band that wraps around the tablet adjusting the two speaker grills, the lock and volume controls, a microSD port and a micro USB space for charging and connectivity.
There are three icons at the bottom of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 - home button, an icon that shows all open apps and the back button.
The Tab Pro 12.2 is very light and can be carried with one hand. It does not feature too much of sturdiness and also regularly makes tiny creaking noise because of the plastic built.
The techradar reviews the devices by saying, "The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is a power horse that can handle tasks such as Multi Window with ease. The impressive 12 inch screen is somewhat let down by the rear of device, which feels less than premium."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage