Castle Season 7 Update: Premiere Date Announced, What All to Expect in New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 16, 2014 1:05 PM EST
"Castle" is returning on Monday, September 29 for Season 7, according to ABC. There is no time jump and the premiere episode will be picking up right where it left of in Season 6 finale. It can be expected that Kate Beckett will be still in her wedding gown, desperately trying to find any clue about Rick Castle.
Kate Beckett and Rick Castle were all set to get married in Hamptons. But, the most awaited wedding on the T.V did not happen, as the beautiful bride Beckett received a call and she had to rush to an accident spot. There she saw Castle's car in a ditch and in flames. The worst was being assumed, that Castle may have died in the car accident.
It is almost confirmed that Castle is alive. There is, however, mystery surrounding the person who was following Castle's car in his black SUV and who may have something to do with the car's accident. The man is likely to be associated with the new mythology that writers of "Castle" plan to introduce in Season 7.
Speaking about the end of Season 6, Andrew Marlowe, ex-showrunner of the show, had said to TV Line: "With the mythology that we're introducing, we want to start it off with a bang." He also said that the Season 6 ending helps set-up some of the "elements" that they are going to deal with in the new season.
Castle and Beckett may get married in the new season, but the 'when' depends upon how long it will take for the writers to take them to the wedding altar, again. After Season 6 wrapped-up, Marlowe said to Give Me My Remote that there is a "little bit more storytelling we want to go through before we go there [wedding]."
In the premiere episode, some new characters will be introduced. According to TV Line spoiler report, these characters include a "highly intelligent" person called Henry. In addition to Henry, who has a guest-starring role, a police sergeant of Hamptons, a doctor, a shrink and a coast guard are joining the "Castle" team.
There are 23 episodes in "Castle" Season 7. The premiere episode consists of two-parts, according to TV Line. David Amann, who is the new showrunner of "Castle," is writing the premiere episode of the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff