Castle Season 7 Update: Premiere Date Announced, What All to Expect in New Season
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 16, 2014 1:05 PM EST
"Castle" is returning on Monday, September 29 for Season 7, according to ABC. There is no time jump and the premiere episode will be picking up right where it left of in Season 6 finale. It can be expected that Kate Beckett will be still in her wedding gown, desperately trying to find any clue about Rick Castle.
Kate Beckett and Rick Castle were all set to get married in Hamptons. But, the most awaited wedding on the T.V did not happen, as the beautiful bride Beckett received a call and she had to rush to an accident spot. There she saw Castle's car in a ditch and in flames. The worst was being assumed, that Castle may have died in the car accident.
It is almost confirmed that Castle is alive. There is, however, mystery surrounding the person who was following Castle's car in his black SUV and who may have something to do with the car's accident. The man is likely to be associated with the new mythology that writers of "Castle" plan to introduce in Season 7.
Speaking about the end of Season 6, Andrew Marlowe, ex-showrunner of the show, had said to TV Line: "With the mythology that we're introducing, we want to start it off with a bang." He also said that the Season 6 ending helps set-up some of the "elements" that they are going to deal with in the new season.
Castle and Beckett may get married in the new season, but the 'when' depends upon how long it will take for the writers to take them to the wedding altar, again. After Season 6 wrapped-up, Marlowe said to Give Me My Remote that there is a "little bit more storytelling we want to go through before we go there [wedding]."
In the premiere episode, some new characters will be introduced. According to TV Line spoiler report, these characters include a "highly intelligent" person called Henry. In addition to Henry, who has a guest-starring role, a police sergeant of Hamptons, a doctor, a shrink and a coast guard are joining the "Castle" team.
There are 23 episodes in "Castle" Season 7. The premiere episode consists of two-parts, according to TV Line. David Amann, who is the new showrunner of "Castle," is writing the premiere episode of the new season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family