Nokia Lumia 930 vs. iPhone 5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 16, 2014 12:45 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia Lumia 930 or the iPhone 5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 930 comes with a 5-inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The iPhone 5 comes with a 4-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 640 x 1136 pixels resolution.
The Lumia 930 is the clear winner in this category with 441 ppi pixels display density compared to the 326 ppi pixels display density on the iPhone 5.
The Nokia Lumia 930 comes with 137 x 71 x 9.8 mm dimensions and weighs 167 grams. The iPhone 5 comes with 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm dimensions and weighs 112 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 930 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The iPhone 5 is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core Swift processor and Apple A6 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Nokia Lumia 930 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. The iPhone 5 runs on the iOS 6 operating system, which can be upgraded to the iOS 7 version. The device has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Lumia 930 is the clear winner.
The Nokia Lumia 930 sports a 20 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus and dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP. The iPhone 5 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Nokia Lumia 930 comes with a Li-Ion 2420 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours and 30 minutes or music play of about 75 hours. The iPhone 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1440 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G or music play of about 40 hours.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 930 4G LTE is priced at around AU $669.95 and the iPhone 5 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $779.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance