Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Price, Release Date, Hottest New Feature May Have Just Been Bared
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 16, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won.
In a recent Twitter post from @SamsungExynos, the teaser reads: "Security can be improved using features unique to us. That's what we envision. What would you use?" The teaser was accompanied wit the hashtag #ExynosTomorrow. Together with the post was a poster showing the sketch of a hand holding a smart phone. At the middle of the smart phone a realistic photo of the eye can be found with an image resembling like a tracking target surrounding the eye. The text "Unlock the future" is also included in the poster image.
Smart phone enthusiasts who have seen the social media post made their respective guesses many of them mentioning "retinal or iris scanner" while some mentioned "fingerprint scanner." One user @Dozysparks stated that iris scanner sounds awesome while another user @H_Rawand stated that he can't wait for the retinal scanner.
Although Samsung Galaxy Note 4's hottest feature is yet to be confirmed, the retina scanner could be a huge selling proposition for Samsung's next flagship phone.
According to Trusted Reviews, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be released in early September during the Berlin-based Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) Conference.
Aside from the teased retinal scanner, rumours from various Web sites mentioned that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will come with 5.7-inch display screen with a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. The smart phone will reportedly have Exynos 5433 octa-core processor with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory which will most likely be expandable via the microSD card just like other Samsung Galaxy smart phones.
It is also expected that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will run on Android 4.4 operating system. As for the camera, the smart phone will reportedly sport a 16-megapixel rear facing camera and a 4-megapixel front facing camera with optical image stabilization.
In terms of design, BGR previously reported that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will come with a flexible screen and another model with the regular version.
Read the tweets below:
— SamsungExynos (@SamsungExynos) July 12, 2014
@SamsungExynos #ExynosTomorrow Iris scanner sounds awesome — Dozysparks (@Dozysparks) July 13, 2014
@SamsungExynos Retinal Scanner. CAN'T WAIT!
— Rawand Haidar (@H_Rawand) July 13, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015