Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Price, Release Date, Hottest New Feature May Have Just Been Bared
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 16, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won.
In a recent Twitter post from @SamsungExynos, the teaser reads: "Security can be improved using features unique to us. That's what we envision. What would you use?" The teaser was accompanied wit the hashtag #ExynosTomorrow. Together with the post was a poster showing the sketch of a hand holding a smart phone. At the middle of the smart phone a realistic photo of the eye can be found with an image resembling like a tracking target surrounding the eye. The text "Unlock the future" is also included in the poster image.
Smart phone enthusiasts who have seen the social media post made their respective guesses many of them mentioning "retinal or iris scanner" while some mentioned "fingerprint scanner." One user @Dozysparks stated that iris scanner sounds awesome while another user @H_Rawand stated that he can't wait for the retinal scanner.
Although Samsung Galaxy Note 4's hottest feature is yet to be confirmed, the retina scanner could be a huge selling proposition for Samsung's next flagship phone.
According to Trusted Reviews, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be released in early September during the Berlin-based Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) Conference.
Aside from the teased retinal scanner, rumours from various Web sites mentioned that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will come with 5.7-inch display screen with a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. The smart phone will reportedly have Exynos 5433 octa-core processor with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal memory which will most likely be expandable via the microSD card just like other Samsung Galaxy smart phones.
It is also expected that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will run on Android 4.4 operating system. As for the camera, the smart phone will reportedly sport a 16-megapixel rear facing camera and a 4-megapixel front facing camera with optical image stabilization.
In terms of design, BGR previously reported that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will come with a flexible screen and another model with the regular version.
Read the tweets below:
— SamsungExynos (@SamsungExynos) July 12, 2014
@SamsungExynos #ExynosTomorrow Iris scanner sounds awesome — Dozysparks (@Dozysparks) July 13, 2014
@SamsungExynos Retinal Scanner. CAN'T WAIT!
— Rawand Haidar (@H_Rawand) July 13, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones