Huge Hero's Welcome in Berlin for 2014 World Cup Winners Germany
By James Patrick Quizon | July 15, 2014 10:53 PM EST
The 2014 World Cup winners got their deserved hero's welcome after hundreds of thousands of fans and supporters showed their appreciation and love for their German soccer national team when they arrived in the country on Tuesday.
Fans cheer as they wait for the bus carrying the German national soccer team, winners of the 2014 World Cup, to arrive at the 'fan mile' public viewing zone in Berlin July 15, 2014. Germany's victorious soccer team led by coach Joachim Loew returned home on Tuesday after winning the 2014 Brazil World Cup. A triumphant Germany team landed in Berlin on Tuesday to a hero's welcome, greeted by hundreds of thousands of jubilant Germans waving flags and wearing the national colours, revelling in the nation's fourth World Cup victory on Sunday in Brazil.
View the slideshow for more images from the celebration in Germany.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match