Transfer News: Germany's World Cup Hero Confirms He is 'Going to Real Madrid'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 15, 2014 10:36 PM EST
One of Germany's heroes and Bayern Munich playmaker Toni Kroos confirmed that he is "going to (Real) Madrid," after his national side were crowned as world champions.
“Now I’m going to Madrid, so that’s two dreams achieved.” - Toni Kroos
The 24-year-old Greifswald native was instrumental in Die Mannshaft's World Cup triumph, constantly keeping the opposition guessing by either acting as provider or even a goalscorer, as the case may be.
He was named man-of-the-match by FIFA when they gave Brazil a 7-1 shellacking en route to the final, finding the back of the net twice, as well as spotting an open teammate that led to a goal once.
"We've finished the World Cup in the best way possible," the midfield sensation told UOL.
"Now I'm going to Madrid, so that's two dreams achieved."
However, his agent, Volker Struth, was non-committal, but did not rule out the possibility of the aforementioned revelation to come to fruition.
"It has not yet been decided where Kroos' future lies, I can guarantee that," his representative told the Express.
"We'll sit down and decide what's to be done."
"We will announce his decision either on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand