Kristen Bell Talks Possible Veronica Mars Sequel, Says She Would Be Down for Anything
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 15, 2014 10:20 PM EST
"Veronica Mars" is not yet done with solving crimes. Private eye Kristen Bell confirmed in a recent interview that there is a possibility for the fan-funded movie to have a sequel.
The 33-year-old actress recently talked to People about the series that was released as a film in March 2014 through a Kickstarter campaign. "I would be down for anything. I'm that kind of girl. You can quote me on that," Kristen Bell told the publication.
Actress Kristen Bell applauds on stage at the Women In Film Los Angeles 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards in Century City, California June 11, 2014.
2014 CMT Music Awards: Kristen Bell Goes from Acting, Singing, Hosting to Wearing Fake Alan Jackson Moustache [PHOTOS]
Bell and creator Rob Thomas reportedly want to know what the fans want in regards to the format that may be deemed right for any type of "Veronica Mars" sequel. The excited and supportive fans all around the world have funded Rob Thomas' project with more than $5 million dollars in April 2013, which made "The Veronica Mars Movie Project" on Kickstarter.
It is now the "all-time highest-funded project" in the film category and the third highest-funded project in the history of Kickstarter. The project is also considered to be the "fastest project" to have reached $1 million and then $2 million during the campaign.
"I would like to do what the fans want, because especially after the Kickstarter campaign, they are such an integral part of this project. They're the element we couldn't do without," Kristen Bell further told People. The "Veronica Mars" 2014 movie stars Kristen Bell (private eye Veronica Mars), Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls), Chris Lowell (Stosh 'Piz' Piznarski) and Enrico Colantoni (Keith Mars).
Aside from starring in a possible "Veronica Mars" sequel, Bell is also being courted to play Anna, the popular character from the Disney hit "Frozen," for the fourth season of ABC's "Once Upon a Time."
"Well Kristen Bell was Anna. We saw the interview you guys did with her and we're going to start our process. [In regards to] Kristen Bell, there's no bigger fans than us, whether it be Frozen of Veronica Mars," Adam Horowitz, the co-creator of "Once Upon a Time" told E! News earlier in June.
E! Online reported as well that Bell was asked to play Peter Pan in NBC's Peter Pan Live but due to the conflict with schedules and with the actress now pregnant, Kristen Bell was ruled out for the role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6