Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water Premieres on Sept. 24, 2014, Check Out the Sneak Peek [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 8:57 PM EST
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" is the CBS reality competition's 29th season and it premieres on Sept. 24, 2014. This comes after "Survivor: Cagayan - Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty" (Season 28) which was shot in the Philippines. If you want to find out more about it, check out the sneak peek below.
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" will feature contestants who are pairs of loved ones and they will have to compete with each other to win the title of the sole survivor. This format has already been done before in "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" (Season 27) which was also shot in Cagayan, Philippines (Palaui Island). But, their main difference is that in Season 27 of "Survivor," there were returning contestants from previous seasons including fan favourites Rupert Boneham and Aras Baskauskas. The late Caleb Bankston, who died in a railway accident, also participated in this season. He was Colton Cumbie's fiancé. They were supposed to get married this Oct. 2014.
In "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" (Season 29), all the contestants will be new players. This new season will be filmed in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. "Survivor" has been on Nicaragua before when it filmed "Survivor: Nicaragua" and "Survivor: Redemption Island."
According to Entertainment Weekly (EW), there were supposed to be 20 castaways and loved ones who will participate in "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water." Unfortunately, two contestants dropped out of the game before the filming of the show. "Survivor" host Jeff Probst talked to EW's Dalton Ross about it.
"We came out here with 20. We spend months casting our show - months. I mean, this is like....who you're gonna ask to prom. All year you're like, 'Is it her or her?' and 'Will she say yes?' And you finally get your 20 people, and then through no fault of their own - just a medical situation - they can't play.... So instead of 20, it puts us at 18. Instead of equal men and women, it puts us uneven men and women," said Probst to EW's Dalton Ross.
EW also reported that another change in Season 29 of "Survivor" is the removal of Redemption Island wherein eliminated contestants will not be sent home immediately. They got a chance to redeem themselves and battle with another person who was voted out. This time, things will be different because they won't get that benefit anymore. Instead, there will be a surprise twist added to the newest season of "Survivor."
Don't miss "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" when it premieres on CBS on Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014. For the latest updates about "Survivor," keep reading the International Business Times (IBT). Check out other news about entertainment, technology, health, business, sports and finance at IBT.
Watch the video below of "Survivor" Season 29 SNEAK PEEK: "Survivor: San Juan Del Sur":
- READ MORE:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date