Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water Premieres on Sept. 24, 2014, Check Out the Sneak Peek [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 8:57 PM EST
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" is the CBS reality competition's 29th season and it premieres on Sept. 24, 2014. This comes after "Survivor: Cagayan - Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty" (Season 28) which was shot in the Philippines. If you want to find out more about it, check out the sneak peek below.
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" will feature contestants who are pairs of loved ones and they will have to compete with each other to win the title of the sole survivor. This format has already been done before in "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" (Season 27) which was also shot in Cagayan, Philippines (Palaui Island). But, their main difference is that in Season 27 of "Survivor," there were returning contestants from previous seasons including fan favourites Rupert Boneham and Aras Baskauskas. The late Caleb Bankston, who died in a railway accident, also participated in this season. He was Colton Cumbie's fiancé. They were supposed to get married this Oct. 2014.
In "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" (Season 29), all the contestants will be new players. This new season will be filmed in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. "Survivor" has been on Nicaragua before when it filmed "Survivor: Nicaragua" and "Survivor: Redemption Island."
According to Entertainment Weekly (EW), there were supposed to be 20 castaways and loved ones who will participate in "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water." Unfortunately, two contestants dropped out of the game before the filming of the show. "Survivor" host Jeff Probst talked to EW's Dalton Ross about it.
"We came out here with 20. We spend months casting our show - months. I mean, this is like....who you're gonna ask to prom. All year you're like, 'Is it her or her?' and 'Will she say yes?' And you finally get your 20 people, and then through no fault of their own - just a medical situation - they can't play.... So instead of 20, it puts us at 18. Instead of equal men and women, it puts us uneven men and women," said Probst to EW's Dalton Ross.
EW also reported that another change in Season 29 of "Survivor" is the removal of Redemption Island wherein eliminated contestants will not be sent home immediately. They got a chance to redeem themselves and battle with another person who was voted out. This time, things will be different because they won't get that benefit anymore. Instead, there will be a surprise twist added to the newest season of "Survivor."
Don't miss "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" when it premieres on CBS on Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014. For the latest updates about "Survivor," keep reading the International Business Times (IBT). Check out other news about entertainment, technology, health, business, sports and finance at IBT.
Watch the video below of "Survivor" Season 29 SNEAK PEEK: "Survivor: San Juan Del Sur":
- READ MORE:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes