Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water Premieres on Sept. 24, 2014, Check Out the Sneak Peek [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 8:57 PM EST
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" is the CBS reality competition's 29th season and it premieres on Sept. 24, 2014. This comes after "Survivor: Cagayan - Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty" (Season 28) which was shot in the Philippines. If you want to find out more about it, check out the sneak peek below.
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" will feature contestants who are pairs of loved ones and they will have to compete with each other to win the title of the sole survivor. This format has already been done before in "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" (Season 27) which was also shot in Cagayan, Philippines (Palaui Island). But, their main difference is that in Season 27 of "Survivor," there were returning contestants from previous seasons including fan favourites Rupert Boneham and Aras Baskauskas. The late Caleb Bankston, who died in a railway accident, also participated in this season. He was Colton Cumbie's fiancé. They were supposed to get married this Oct. 2014.
In "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" (Season 29), all the contestants will be new players. This new season will be filmed in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. "Survivor" has been on Nicaragua before when it filmed "Survivor: Nicaragua" and "Survivor: Redemption Island."
According to Entertainment Weekly (EW), there were supposed to be 20 castaways and loved ones who will participate in "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water." Unfortunately, two contestants dropped out of the game before the filming of the show. "Survivor" host Jeff Probst talked to EW's Dalton Ross about it.
"We came out here with 20. We spend months casting our show - months. I mean, this is like....who you're gonna ask to prom. All year you're like, 'Is it her or her?' and 'Will she say yes?' And you finally get your 20 people, and then through no fault of their own - just a medical situation - they can't play.... So instead of 20, it puts us at 18. Instead of equal men and women, it puts us uneven men and women," said Probst to EW's Dalton Ross.
EW also reported that another change in Season 29 of "Survivor" is the removal of Redemption Island wherein eliminated contestants will not be sent home immediately. They got a chance to redeem themselves and battle with another person who was voted out. This time, things will be different because they won't get that benefit anymore. Instead, there will be a surprise twist added to the newest season of "Survivor."
Don't miss "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" when it premieres on CBS on Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014. For the latest updates about "Survivor," keep reading the International Business Times (IBT). Check out other news about entertainment, technology, health, business, sports and finance at IBT.
Watch the video below of "Survivor" Season 29 SNEAK PEEK: "Survivor: San Juan Del Sur":
- READ MORE:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region