Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water Premieres on Sept. 24, 2014, Check Out the Sneak Peek [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 8:57 PM EST
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" is the CBS reality competition's 29th season and it premieres on Sept. 24, 2014. This comes after "Survivor: Cagayan - Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty" (Season 28) which was shot in the Philippines. If you want to find out more about it, check out the sneak peek below.
"Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" will feature contestants who are pairs of loved ones and they will have to compete with each other to win the title of the sole survivor. This format has already been done before in "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" (Season 27) which was also shot in Cagayan, Philippines (Palaui Island). But, their main difference is that in Season 27 of "Survivor," there were returning contestants from previous seasons including fan favourites Rupert Boneham and Aras Baskauskas. The late Caleb Bankston, who died in a railway accident, also participated in this season. He was Colton Cumbie's fiancé. They were supposed to get married this Oct. 2014.
In "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" (Season 29), all the contestants will be new players. This new season will be filmed in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. "Survivor" has been on Nicaragua before when it filmed "Survivor: Nicaragua" and "Survivor: Redemption Island."
According to Entertainment Weekly (EW), there were supposed to be 20 castaways and loved ones who will participate in "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water." Unfortunately, two contestants dropped out of the game before the filming of the show. "Survivor" host Jeff Probst talked to EW's Dalton Ross about it.
"We came out here with 20. We spend months casting our show - months. I mean, this is like....who you're gonna ask to prom. All year you're like, 'Is it her or her?' and 'Will she say yes?' And you finally get your 20 people, and then through no fault of their own - just a medical situation - they can't play.... So instead of 20, it puts us at 18. Instead of equal men and women, it puts us uneven men and women," said Probst to EW's Dalton Ross.
EW also reported that another change in Season 29 of "Survivor" is the removal of Redemption Island wherein eliminated contestants will not be sent home immediately. They got a chance to redeem themselves and battle with another person who was voted out. This time, things will be different because they won't get that benefit anymore. Instead, there will be a surprise twist added to the newest season of "Survivor."
Don't miss "Survivor: San Juan del Sur - Blood vs. Water" when it premieres on CBS on Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014. For the latest updates about "Survivor," keep reading the International Business Times (IBT). Check out other news about entertainment, technology, health, business, sports and finance at IBT.
Watch the video below of "Survivor" Season 29 SNEAK PEEK: "Survivor: San Juan Del Sur":
- READ MORE:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage